Slow email

akj0barakat
Level 3
How long should it take for an email to arrive in my inbox. I got an imap account primarily because I hoped emails would arrive quicker than my pop3 account. Today I attempted to sign up to the MyGov app. As part of the security routine, an email is sent to my address with a code that is used to confirm my ID. The email takes so long to arrive (15+ minutes) that the code is no longer valid and I have to do it again. Some sight do not have an alternative method. So.. How long should I expect emails to arrive??
5 REPLIES 5
Angeli

Hi @akj0barakat

The email should arrive to your inbox immediately or maybe within 5 minutes after it was sent from another email. Does this happen all the time or only with this recent sign up? Do you use the TPG post office or an email client?

-Angeli

akj0barakat
Level 3
Hello and Thank you for helping me. My email has always been slow. My email client is the one that came my Samsung phone and as well as Outlook so I can create folders and keep e-mails via imap.
Angeli

Hi @akj0barakat

Can you please do a test mail by sending yourself an email? Then, confirm as to how long it takes for the email to arrive. 

Regards,

Angeli

akj0barakat
Level 3
I sent an email to another tpg address and it was pretty much instant. I sent one to my gmail acct and it took 3 minutes. Did you do something?? I got a nice surprise when I saw them arrive so quickly. I will try again with Mygov to update my details to see how long it takes. I will keep you informed. Regards, and thanks
Angeli

Hi @akj0barakat

Thanks for doing the tests. Just let us know if you still encounter an issue.

Cheers!