TPG Community

Get online support

Slow internet on TPG FTTB today

SOLVED Go to solution
panda1234
Level 3

Hi support team, please help me as there seems to be an issue with the connection today (perhaps last few days but I didnt do a test). Currently getting speeds download around 28 and upload around 9, ping 29. I am on the high speed FTTB plan with usual DL speeds of 90 and upload 38m ping 14.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @panda1234,

The schedule that was given is already final since the technicians do have another appointment to attend. There are times that they will encounter a complex case which requires more time to be resolved. For this, we provide a 4 to 5 hours time frame for their visit.

The issue of the speed is still not fixed that's why there's a technician visit to help us rectify the problem. Once it is resolved, then you'll receive the expected speed again.

Thank you for your patience.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BasilDV

Good day @panda1234,

We've run some remote test and the result is inconclusive. We'd like to arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further. Please shoot me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

panda1234
Level 3

Hi again. Thanks for your reply, I actually dont know how to send a private message! I have contacted the support team by phone and and ran some tests including changing wifi settings and testing on cable. Its actually gotten worse just now. I understand this will now be escalated as this has fallen well below guranteed speeds.

Ahra_G

Hi @panda1234!

You may visit this link and follow the instructions in order for you to send us a private message: 

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093

We'd really like to check into this issue further and chase the department involved. We'll wait for your response. 

Cheers! 

panda1234
Level 3
Thanks Ahra i have just PM basil with my details
Ahra_G

You're very welcome, @panda1234! Just kindly await for his response. 

Cheers! 

BasilDV

Good day @panda1234.

I received your private message and will be chasing this with our Engineering team to make sure that they'll be in touch within the day to provide updates with the case.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @panda1234,

I understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and they'll be sending a TPG technician to help us with the investigation. Further updates will be given by them.

Let us know should you require any assistance.

Regards,

panda1234
Level 3

Yes thanks. They have tried to contact me, but havent been able to organise a time to be at home as the time provided is too long (between 8 and 12), I need to work so this is a little inconvenient, is it possible to narrow down the time? Also an update, speeds have remained slow and in the twenties for download and ping 28. 3 consecutive days of checking shows speeds well below the minimum. 

BasilDV

Hi @panda1234,

The schedule that was given is already final since the technicians do have another appointment to attend. There are times that they will encounter a complex case which requires more time to be resolved. For this, we provide a 4 to 5 hours time frame for their visit.

The issue of the speed is still not fixed that's why there's a technician visit to help us rectify the problem. Once it is resolved, then you'll receive the expected speed again.

Thank you for your patience.