TPG Community

Get online support

TPG FTTP Huawei Wifi cannot be used with WhatsApp at home ?

SOLVED Go to solution
Enterprise
Level 3
Hi All,

I am using TPG FTTB M Bundle ( FTTB Digital Voice ) at my home with the default modem:

• HUAWEI Home Gateway HG659
  • Hardware versionVER.B
  • Software versionV100R001C216B012
  • Internet access type: VDSL

With my Wifi, I cannot use WhatsApp voice call ?

All of my mobile devices Whatsapp can only send & receive text messages, but not voice call which cannot be successfully established while connected to the Wifi.

I wonder what could be wrong in this case ?
--
Regards,
Enterprise Administrator
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Luna
Level 5

Hi @enterprise, give the hard reset a try? Nothing to lose. 

Just remember you will need to connect to the wifi again using the default details on the back of your modem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tonystork
Level 5

@EnterpriseAdmin wrote:
Hi All,

I am using TPG FTTB M Bundle ( FTTB Digital Voice ) at my home with the default modem:

• HUAWEI Home Gateway HG659
  • Hardware versionVER.B
  • Software versionV100R001C216B012
  • Internet access type: VDSL

With my Wifi, I cannot use WhatsApp voice call ?

All of my mobile devices Whatsapp can only send & receive text messages, but not voice call which cannot be successfully established while connected to the Wifi.

I wonder what could be wrong in this case ?

Yo,

Does it mean, voice call is working normally whenever your devices is connected via 'Mobile Data'? 

I may suggest you can try to check for Application update if there's available or else, re-install Whatsapp in one of your devices and try it again. 

Enterprise
Level 3

Yes, I have done that already.

Even my friends who bring their mobile phone, is not able to use Whatsapp Voice call when using the Wifi at home?

The only workaround that is possible is by using Mobile Data which is not really convenience due to low reception.

--
Regards,
Enterprise Administrator
Shane

Hi @Enterprise,

The modem does not block any ports related to Whatsapp functionality. We do not block any ports on the TPG network either.

You may need to contact Whatsapp for further support.

Regards,

Luna
Level 5

Hi @Enterprise not sure if this is a silly question, but have you changed any settings on your modem since you got it? I read that router or firewall settings can affect whatsapp voice calls.

@Shane would a hard reset of the modem (hold down a pin in the small hole at the back of the modem) be an option to eliminate any non-default settings made by the user accidentally? Enterprise, keep in mind if you do this you'll need to setup your wifi again (check the sticker on the back of the modem for the default wifi name and password)

Shane

@Luna Yes, for any Wireless Connection Issue. we can always try to do a hard-reset on the modem/router to ensure that the device is on the default settings.

@Enterprise in case you would like to try to do it you can use this link for reference below.

Physical setup:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/NBN-FTTP-Setup-General-Setup/ba-p/39

How to configure the modem settings: ( If you're using a different Operating System for your computer you can just skip to Step 3. of the troubleshooting guide.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/How-to-set-up-Huawei-HG-659-modem-for-Windows-10/b...

Enterprise
Level 3

@Luna no, the modem was configured by the technician.

I wonder if there is any conflicting setup with the VoIP config that I must disable or reconfigure.

--
Regards,
Enterprise Administrator
Shane

Hi @Enterprise, You don't have to worry, VoIP settings of modem will not conflict with anything from your devices besides, VoIP service is encrypted by TPG's supplied modem/router. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Luna
Level 5

Hi @enterprise, give the hard reset a try? Nothing to lose. 

Just remember you will need to connect to the wifi again using the default details on the back of your modem.