TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to access email subdomain since Fastly Internet Outage

35albert
Level 2

Hi, since the Worldwide internet outage on June 8th I have not been able to access my webhosts email client - webmail.brinkster.com through TPG under my 93977959 NBN service. Initially I could not access the home page brinkster.com as well, but by deleting cookies and data for that URL in Firefox and all cookies and data in MS Edge brinkster.com is now accessable in both browsers. However I still cannot access the brinkster webmail client through the brinkster homepage menu or typing in webmail.brinkster.com directly in a web browser tab - ie is it always timeout. The same is the case using my iPad mail application connected to my TPG NBN service.

If I connect to the Telstra / Aldi mobile network on either my Laptop or iPad through my iPhone hotspot  webmail.brinkster,com is immediately available and I can access my emails ok. So I seem to have isolated the problem to some kind of blocking at the subdomain level through TPG.

Could you please investigate this, remedy the situation or advise how to overcome this at my end.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @35albert ,

Thanks for raising this to us. 

I would love to help se the status of the service, the posted ID number is not the Customer ID. To better understand the situation, please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@35albert wrote:

Hi, since the Worldwide internet outage on June 8th I have not been able to access my webhosts email client - webmail.brinkster.com through TPG under my 93977959 NBN service. Initially I could not access the home page brinkster.com as well, but by deleting cookies and data for that URL in Firefox and all cookies and data in MS Edge brinkster.com is now accessable in both browsers. However I still cannot access the brinkster webmail client through the brinkster homepage menu or typing in webmail.brinkster.com directly in a web browser tab - ie is it always timeout. The same is the case using my iPad mail application connected to my TPG NBN service.

If I connect to the Telstra / Aldi mobile network on either my Laptop or iPad through my iPhone hotspot  webmail.brinkster,com is immediately available and I can access my emails ok. So I seem to have isolated the problem to some kind of blocking at the subdomain level through TPG.

Could you please investigate this, remedy the situation or advise how to overcome this at my end.