TPG Community

Get online support

Upgrade plan because of Covid19. Can do online or need to do via Chat?... :-)

dawne
Level 3

Hi,

I am 85yrs old and currently have tpg internet (nbn12 ... FTTN broadband S Bundle) with my landline.
Scomo and Glady want me to stay at home.... fair enough.. but think I need to upgrade plan if I am stuck watching tv/streaming.
I tried to speak with chat.. but all it says all the time is
Our team members are currently serving other customers. We appreciate your patience. Please try again later.
So my questions are:

1. Can I upgrade my plan to say nbn12 unlimited data (w/ phone) $59.99? given that i have 3 months remaining? Is there any fee $
  2. I want to only do this temporary... say 3-6 months.... after which time I want to downgrade back to my original plan... is there any fee $0
  3. Will my service be interrupted (i especially need my phone for health reasons).
  4. How long does the upgrade take?
  5. Can i do the upgrade (and downgrade) online via here https://cyberstore.tpg.com.au/register/change-nbn.php
  6. Is the upgraded plan suitable for me? (for things like Netflux etc)
  7. Can i set a date for the upgrade.. for example at the beginning of the next period?
  8. Is there some sort of pensioner discount during the Covid19 period...

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Stay safe...
Dawne

9 REPLIES 9
dawne
Level 3

Hi @support. Any chance of an update today.

Thank you

dawne
Level 3

Hi @support. Any chance of an update today.

Thank yo

dawne
Level 3

Hi Support. Any chance of an update today.. thanks.

dawne
Level 3

Hi Support @BasilDV any chance of an update today?

dawne
Level 3

Hi @BasilDV any chance of an update today?

dawne
Level 3

Hi Support @Manuel @Krystle @Riezl @BasilDV any chance of an update today?

BasilDV

Hi @dawne

We hope that you and your family are safe. In light of the COVID19 situation, we are fully committed in taking heightened precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our staffs. TPG’s telephone support team members are now transitioning to work from home set-up to lessen the exposure and chance of contracting the virus. We appreciate your patience as you may experience longer wait times.

Yes, you can upgrade your NBN plan online. We've created an article that will guide you with the process: How to Change NBN Plan Online via TPG My Account

There's no additional contract or fee in upgrading/downgrading your NBN plan.

BasilDV

dawne
Level 3

Hi @BasilDV thanks for the clarification about the upgrade online.

My outstanding questions are:

1. Will my service be interrupted (i especially need my phone for health reasons).
  2. How long does the upgrade take?
  3. Is the upgraded plan suitable for me? (for things like Netflux etc)
  4. Can I set a date for the upgrade.. for example at the beginning of the next period?
  5. Is there some sort of pensioner discount during the Covid19 period...

Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @dawne

1. Will my service be interrupted (i especially need my phone for health reasons). - No service interruption.
  2. How long does the upgrade take? - It will be applied within 24 hours.
  3. Is the upgraded plan suitable for me? (for things like Netflux etc) - Yes, since Netflix will consume a lot of data, especially for high definition videos/movies.
  4. Can I set a date for the upgrade.. for example at the beginning of the next period? - No.

Is there some sort of pensioner discount during the Covid19 period...

- COVID 19 is a global pandemic affecting a lot of people. If our customers cannot afford to fulfill their payment obligations due to direct or indirect impact of COVID19 they can refer to our financial hardship and we will take necessary measures to assist them. 

Full information about financial hardship and options available to our customers is available on our website. https://www.tpg.com.au/terms_conditions/financialhardship

Should we have any further updates or changes related to this matter we will communicate it to our customers.

BasilDV