TPG Community

Get online support

VX220-gv2 Wifi Drop

twt510
Level 2
I just got this new modem. My biggest problem now is the Wifi is constantly dropping out and failed to reconnect to Wifi again. Please help, not happy with this new modem at all.
32 REPLIES 32
Aubrey

@twt510 We understand that our engineers is working on getting your home phone to work. We'll have them take a look at these drop outs as well.

twt510
Level 2

Hi, the phone is working now. Wifi dropping and fail to reconnected still happen at all time. Fyi, I just reset my modem this morning and see how it go!Thank you.

Aubrey

Glad to know that phone is now working! Smiley Happy Let us know how it goes after the modem reset. 

Thanks! 

twt510
Level 2

I facing the same issues after reset my modem yesterday.My device fails to connected to wifi until i restarting the modem.After modem restarting, same problem after a while of using it.if i disable "Band Steering", i can see my device can only connected to 5Ghz not 2.4Ghz wifi band. Please help!

Rica_R

Hi, @twt510.

Have you tried to disconnect and forget from the 5Ghz wifi name and connect to 2.4Ghz Wifi name?

Moreover, is the 2.4Ghz Wifi name visible once you disable the Band steering option?

You may also try to change the wifi name of both bands, then reconnect. 

Try these steps and let us know how it goes. 

• Select Wireless Settings (Advanced).
  • Switch off Band Steering and you will be able to select and rename each band.

Let us know how it goes, thanks. 

twt510
Level 2
Hi Joey,
I done everything you mentioned but problem remaining the same. For some reason, 2.4Ghz is just not working under all different settings.
twt510
Level 2
I did few troubleshooting and can conclude the 2.4Ghz band is not functioning properly. Without set the 2.4Ghz band width to 20mhz, the wifi speed test is like 1.3Mbps if it is working at that time. Can I pls request to return this modem and get a different brand of modem if Tpg cannot fix my problem?Thank you
Shane

Hi @twt510,

We will proceed with further investigation with the help of our Technical Team, send us a PM with your best contact number and preferred time today so we can have them contact you for real-time test.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi Joey,
I done everything you mentioned but problem remaining the same. For some reason, 2.4Ghz is just not working under all different settings.

I did few troubleshooting and can conclude the 2.4Ghz band is not functioning properly. Without set the 2.4Ghz band width to 20mhz, the wifi speed test is like 1.3Mbps if it is working at that time. Can I pls request to return this modem and get a different brand of modem if Tpg cannot fix my problem?Thank you

adamjoliver
Level 3
I too am experiencing a similar issue, although with the 5ghz wifi only. I recently had to change my modem (Archer VR1600v) because wifi stopped working altogether. I purchased a TPlink VX220-G2 from TPG. Ever since wifi has been dropping every few days. I’ve turned off band steering to seperate the networks. I can see 5ghz, however not giving out IP address. Switch to 2.4ghz network, all fine. What I’ve found if I change a setting on the 5ghz and save, 5ghz access is restored. I’ve had to do this every few days since I received the modem about three weeks ago.