In cases where a service needs to be installed or investigated due to a fault by an on-site technician, below are some practical steps that can be taken to assist in ensuring the process runs as smoothly as possible on the day of the visit.
What to expect during a Technician Home Visit
Examples of outlets below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can we expedite the technician visit?
- The date provided is the earliest possible schedule that we can get.
Is there a fee for the technician visit?
- If the problem is found to be in the network, then there is no charge for the visit. If the problem is a device or equipment inside the premises the technician may advise the customer to hire a private technician (for Telstra and NBN technician) or if the Attending Technician (TPG) can make the repairs they will advise you of the charges for the job and the price for the device that needs replacing.
Can I reschedule or cancel a technician visit?
- Yes, Simply call (02) 8960 9812 to reschedule or cancel a technician visit.
Can I have a technician visit at 7pm?
- No, Technicians are available for onsite visits between 8am – 5pm from Monday and Saturday. We do not cater to after-hours appointment. There are 3 time slots during the day available: 8am-12nn; 10am-2pm; 1pm-5pm.
How long do I wait for the technician?
- The Appointment has a window of 4hours, for example a job window of 8am to 12nn; this means the technician will be arriving at the premises between 8am to midday and the time of stay in the premises for the job is not capped at 12 midday.
Can the technician call me before they arrive?
Yes, the technician will call you on approach within 30mins of arrival. this needs to be prearranged during set up for the visit