TPG Community

Get online support

When does NBN Upgrade occurr?

miattard
Level 3

We have upgraded from 50 plan to NBN FTTC Broadband SL Bundle 100 on 10/09/2020.

How long does it take for the upgrade take effect?

What needs to be done to make it active?

Maria Attard

Customer ID: xxxxxxx

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @miattard , we had a look at your account and we can see that the plan upgrade has been completed. If you are still having issues with the speed, we recommend having a read of this community article: Slow speed issue  

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

miattard
Level 3
We are only getting 52.5 Mbps Download on a 100SL Plan. This is daytime before peak.
Is it better to go back to 50 Plan?
Shane

Hi @miattard,

We ran an initial test to the service it shows no line fault that could affect the speed performance of the service. Please re-run a speed test using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable and post the screenshot on this thread for additional reference.

Regards,

We are only getting 52.5  Mbps Download on a 100SL Plan. This is daytime before peak. Is it better to go back to 50 Plan?
miattard
Level 3

OK, I had to do some checks. I used a longer ethernet cable to connect directly to the modem/router and got the bests speed. I have been using a D-Link P600AV Power-Over-Ethernet device plugged into a powerstrip. When I moved the adapter to a proper wall power outlet all was OK. So the problem is solved with the ethernet connection.

Wireless speeds on the TPLINK AC1600 are slow on 5G and 2G and I am using a range extender.