TPG Community

Get online support

Why do you keep sending me my TPG password?

steven
Level 2

Ove the past few days, TPG has emailed and texted me my TPG password upward of a dozen times. Why is this happening? I've not requested it. I can live with once or twice as it might be due to someone with a similar username trying to get theirs reset, but this is getting beyong a joke! Are your systems compromised???

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @steven

Thanks for raising this to us. I'd love to help and see what is caused this. Kindly PM us your account details. (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account).

Regards,

steven
Level 2

Thanks Shane, I've sent you a PM with the relevant info. Steven

Shane

Thanks @steven, I will have this checked and get back to you as soon as I got information about this issue.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @steven,

This is not a System Error the SMS and E-mails that you received is the result of password retrieval request done via 'Forgot password' website.

Regards,

steven
Level 2

Shane, I've not asked for my password to be retrieved because I haven't forgotten what it is! Apparently, someone else is trying to find out my password.

I take it this means that you'll accept a password retrieval request from anyone for any TPG account without checking in any way that they are the rightful account holder? That's obviously what's been happening here and that's pretty poor security IMHO.