TPG Community

Get online support

email settings not working to add into spark....

tk
Level 2
Level 2

54A97BF3-F2F9-4313-9D07-313BC5637353.jpeg

BasilDV

I see.

Are you able to post a screenshot of the "Advance settings" before you log in?

advance.png

I'd like to look into it further.

Regards,

tk
Level 2
Level 2

this is the default settings that appear after the first screen...  these are changed prior to the attempted login...12D66D05-36C7-408C-AC67-D78EBEA223B1.jpeg

BasilDV

I see.

Are you currently connected to your TPG network/Internet? As I noticed, there's no WiFi symbol on your screenshots which indicates that you are not connected to a network.

We need to make sure that you are connected to a working internet for the email client to communicate with our server. It can't be setup offline.

Kind regards,

tk
Level 2
Level 2

LOL, just had a chuckle to myelf.... I guess you do sometimes deal with some people who may be TOTALLY clueless.  Of course I was connected.  I have tried using my home TPG network and my phone as a hotspot.... it makes no difference.

The attached jpegs have been cropped for privacy reasons

Ahra_G

Hi @tk

The error "A stable connection to the server could not be established" usually means that either the port number is wrong and/or SSL is not correctly specified.

It could also mean that the authentication details are incorrect. Kindly ensure that you are entering the correct TPG account password.

You may try entering the following details:

Incoming Mail Server:
Username: TPG USERNAME (without domain)
Password: TPG Account Password
Host/ Server Name: mail.tpg.com.au

Outgoing Mail Server:
Username: TPG USERNAME (without domain)
Password: TPG Account Password 
Host/ Server Name: mail.tpg.com.au

Try using both ports with the information above.
995 / 587
110 / 25

Lastly, please select SSL on both tabs.

Let me know if you're still going to get the same error.

Thanks!

orbistat
Level 8

Hi @tk it's not a problem with TPG's settings if you researched Spark support yourself you will see that it does not currently support POP3 

tk
Level 2
Level 2

Now I will profess ignorance.  As I looked at the settings, I presumes POP would not be an issue.... DFE8CBF7-DDFF-4BD3-BC72-C1504015555F.jpeg

orbistat
Level 8

Hi @tk have you tried port 143 and SSL on an IMAP config?

tk
Level 2
Level 2

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by IMAP config but have attached what I tried....FD23922B-30BD-4FB1-A045-E18C51C08CBF.jpeg