TPG Community

Get online support

geolocation resolves to wrong location

Shane

Hi All,

To those who currently experience this issue ( Incorrect Geolocation based on IP address ) please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID) together with the address on file and we'll have it raise to our Engineering Team for investigations.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

gayleandjim
Level 3

@Shane wrote:

Hi All,

To those who currently experience this issue ( Incorrect Geolocation based on IP address ) please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID) together with the address on file and we'll have it raise to our Engineering Team for investigations.

Regards,

hey Shane,

as you asked, I provided my details. Interestingly, the only other PM I have sent you was exactly the same information in January this year. I hope you have more success this time.

Cheers,

Jim

suzannelolsen
Level 2

Thanks shane. 

I have sent you a couple of pm's about this issue. 
i also asked via a ticket and nobody could help me because they didn't understand the question. (Language barriers on their behalf) 

Shane

Hi @suzannelolsen,

Thanks for sending me your details, this has been raised to our Engineering Team and I am currently awaiting for response.

I'll provide an updates on this thread when it becomes available. 

Regards,

Thanks shane. 

I have sent you a couple of pm's about this issue. 
i also asked via a ticket and nobody could help me because they didn't understand the question. (Language barriers on their behalf) 

Shane

Hi @gayleandjim,

I received your message, this has been escalated to our Engineering Team and I am currently awaiting for response.

I'll provide updates on this thread as soon as it becomes available. 

Regards,

@Shane wrote:

Hi All,

Regards,

hey Shane,

as you asked, I provided my details. Interestingly, the only other PM I have sent you was exactly the same information in January this year. I hope you have more success this time.

Cheers,

Jim

Level 2
Level 2

Hey guys - same issue for location services in Qld.  Been trying to sort it for ages, mostly with the streaming tv services and Sony (using Bravia tv).  Only thing I can determine is that the private IP address used by the tv on my local network is confusing the location services settings.  When using my iPad or phone I get the correct geo location for tv ect, but not with the Sony tv which shows a private IP address.  Pain in the asss..... any other help or advice would be appreciated 

Level 2
Level 2

Forgot to add - I did have some success with channel 7 streaming service.  They provided some advice which seemed to fix the geo thingy for their service only, and can now get the local 7 new service when prior to that I could only get interstate news.    Can't find their email advice now........😣☹️

sambotron2k
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I'm having the same problem.  I'm based in Adelaide, but when using home wifi (TPG) it says I'm based in South Burnie, Tasmania.  Has created a couple of issues recently when proving my geolocation and I've had to switch to my local 4G network to get it reading correctly.

Can you please help fix ?

Thanks, Sam.

Shane

Hi @sambotron2k

Thanks for raising this to us, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file). I will raise this to our Engineers to be included on the ongoing investigation.

Regards,

Hi Shane,

I'm having the same problem.  I'm based in Adelaide, but when using home wifi (TPG) it says I'm based in South Burnie, Tasmania.  Has created a couple of issues recently when proving my geolocation and I've had to switch to my local 4G network to get it reading correctly.

Can you please help fix ?

Thanks, Sam.

sambotron2k
Level 2

Thanks Shane,

Interestingly when I click your name, no "send a message" option pops up.

Refer attached screenshot.

Thanks, Sam.