TPG Community

Get online support

getting super slow speeds of 10Mbps on a NBN100

inztigator
Level 3

Yeah, that is quite a drop there...

inztigator
Level 3

Hmmm...Back to horrible speeds tonight!!

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/cd2d3770-de1a-11ea-80a9-2fcec99b9144

Managing a whole 9Mbps from a 100Mbps line!! And idle on my side!

Majanzo
Level 3
Ours has remained stable since tech support investigated. They didn’t say if they did anything or not so not sure if it’s just coincidence

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/3cdc69f0-de1c-11ea-8a0f-9963abb600c9

Hope you can get it resolved
robertjw
Level 4

Looks like the ping is bad though? Mine hardly ever goes outside 5 ms and I'm on FTTC.

Majanzo
Level 3
I guess so, it’s always around 10-15ms. We are FTTN so could be why. We aren’t gaming, so not really a big issue. Not sure @TPG how to improve ping? Can anything be done on your side? Thanks!
robertjw
Level 4

My connection suddenly jumped from 18 to 92 Mbps and ping down from 28 to 4 ms mysteriously around 10 pm tonight. Back to the connection I expected!

Is happy hour over?

FTTC Sydney metro.

karolilsk
Level 2

I have HFC and was on NBN 100. That was running very slow and hence upgraded to NBN100 since 2 weeks. Now the situation is even worse. I am getting 0.5Mb download and 12Mb upload with ping time as big as 1602ms  in a recet test. Spoke to TPG customer service. they did some tests remotely and came out saying that the original modem ( not the router) that was given for the NBN50 connection does not seem to work well at higher speends. That seems to be causing the problem!. To be frank, I do not know what to believe now. Anyway, they are sending another modem ( I need o pay $10.00 for shipping for that though !) in another few days. Just waiting to see what happens after that. If it still does not work then I might have to think of switching back to NBN25 or so, because I guess I will still get this speed. Will update what happens after the modem change.

Secondly, about 2-3 weeks back I had requested for a firmware update to my Huwaei HG659 router, to TPG, through the community forum. Today I checked on the status of the same while talking to the support and they said they do not have the request there . I have raised the request again today and expect that to happen in another 10 days' time. This is primarily to try to get some QoS settings on the router so that atleast I will hae some control on th etraffic prioritization. 

Fadd
Level 2

speed test just now in Fadden ACT 

sloooowwwwwsloooowwwww

Shane

I ran an initial test of the service it shows no line fault and getting a passing speed based on the NBN12 Plan, I also noticed that the service has been connected for 1week 2d 22h 48m to our network. I refreshed the connection so you may experience a dropout any moment now. Once the connection re-established please re-run a speed test using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable (www.speedtest.net).

Note: Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers! 

speed test just now in Fadden ACT 

sloooowwwwwsloooowwwww

careeroffice
Level 2

Us too.

We've been having BIG trouble since 14 August.

The connection resetting up to 100 times / day and 18/18 the maximum speeds.