TPG Community

Get online support

my NBN is unstable

qwen
Level 2

I have been having problem with my NBN connection in the last few weeks, most time it is on however it will drop out a few times during the day, I have already called the support line earlier and the guy said he had done some fix but it didn't work.

my username is xxxxx

thx

16 REPLIES 16
qwen
Level 2
It is off-line again now... going to call the support line
Shane

Hi @qwen ,

Thanks for raising this to us, I was able to locate the account using the given details and ran an initail test. The result shows service is connected for 5h 21m. Are you still having issues with the connection?

If so, please confirm the devices affected with the issue, in the event that these are devices connected via Wi-FI, dropout could be cause by Wireless Intereference, here are some articles that you may find helpful.

Please see links below.

Let us know how it will go

qwen
Level 2

Hi Shane,

thanks for following up.

The dropout was experienced on a desktop with cable connectio to the modem.

I assume you can check the connection log on your end to find out if dropout occured? , the modem is always powered on .

Riezl

We have checked the status of your connection and it appears to be stable, but we'd like to look into this further. Is the issue time specific? Did you see any changes in the light status of the NBN connection and the TPG modem whenever the connection drop?

qwen
Level 2
My connection dropped again just now... the online LED on the nbn modem brinks a while then turned solid and it is up again shortly. ... this is quite annoying, any way to get this sorted ?
Thanks.
Shane

Hi @qwen,

The modem/router's connection has been re-established to our network for an hour now. We will monitor the connection for the next 24-48hrs in the event that another dropout will occur please let us know and we'll have one of our Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

Regards,

My connection dropped again just now... the online LED on the nbn modem brinks a while then turned solid and it is up again shortly. ... this is quite annoying, any way to get this sorted ?
Thanks.
qwen
Level 2

thanks Shane.

Shane

You're always welcome, @qwen. Smiley Happy 

thanks Shane.

qwen
Level 2
The network is down again now.... waiting for it to reconnect.
Can we please escalate the issue please ? This is really causing a lot of issues for me...