TPG Community

Get online support

nbn CM8200 not connecting not sync (was working before)

fcomillan
Level 2

NBN box lost sync after 7.30 pm on 29-03-2020 not chat, no phone lines available to contact tpg, NBN outage site said there is no outage. 

regards

Fmillan

7 REPLIES 7
luisc

Hi

My records show that your service is online again.

Thanks for your patience

fcomillan
Level 2

Thanks, luisc

yes about a month ago was this problem.

Thanks for you quick response Smiley Very Happy

by the way, the service is OK, sometimes the NBN box (black little one) is resetting itself.

regards 

Fmillan

luisc

Hi,

How often are it resetting??

fcomillan
Level 2

3 or 4 times a week, starts with the router disconnect then lights start flashing for like 5 minutes and then need to reboot the router when the lights are all green

last one was today about 2 pm

regards

Francisco M

fcomillan
Level 2

about 5 mins ago it reset again have to turn off both devices, NBN box and router to make it work again, it seems it loses the sync with the service and start syncing again.

The service is supposed to be always online and should not be turning the equipment off and on more than 1 time per week or per month. With ADSL I did not have this problem, I only reset the modem - router 1 time when I updated the firmware.

luisc

Hi,

It should be similar than DSL,

Could you confirm if the black box still has 4 lights green?

Please advice if that

Thanks

fcomillan
Level 2

yes, as last night as my last post was problem black box lights start flashing then start sync again and not syncing OK, so I have to power off the black box and the router.

after 2 mins plug back on the black box wait for the 4 lights to be on fixed and then I can power up the router and works.

this procedure needs to be done 3 or 4 times a week, sometimes twice a day like yesterday.

Never had these problems with the ADSL

(BTW, I had BYO Modem Router a Netgear D7800 X4S  that was on the DSL and now with the NBN)