TPG Community

Get online support

How to Test Your NBN Speed via the My TPG App

Bobby

Check out our video guide or read the steps below

Experiencing a speed issue with your NBN service? Performing a speed test is an important troubleshooting step which can help you determine the cause of your speed issue. Follow our guide on how to perform a speed test via the My TPG app.

1. If you haven't already, download the My TPG app from the App Store for iOS, or Google Play Store for Android.

2. Open the My TPG app and log in using your TPG Username or Customer ID, followed by your password.

TPG App 1.png

3. Tap Your Internet Speed. Here, you'll see information for your TPG account and your speed test history.

Screen 2 Edited.png

4. Tap Test Your Speed. This will test your connection speed, also known as your line or sync speed. The speed test will take a few minutes to run - please make sure to keep the app open and do not navigate to other screen while the test is running.

Screen 4 Edited.png

5. Now you will see the results of your speed test.

Screen 5 Editedd.png

If your test indicates that your internet speed is below the Acceptable Speed Range for your service, you will be given an option to lodge a fault with our team. Tap Lodge Fault, fill out the fault form and then tap submit. One of our team members will be in touch with you regarding your speed fault.

If the speed test shows a much faster result than the speeds you are experiencing, your speed issue could be a wifi problem or an issue with your modem or cables. Check out our help guide here for some helpful troubleshooting steps to assist you.

7 Comments
dantimon
Level 1

This app is not working. Useless, cannot submit fault . Refer to screen capture below.Screenshot_20200910-220108_TPG.jpg

Screenshot_20200910-220548_TPG.jpg

Screenshot_20200910-220035_TPG.jpg

Ahra_G

Hi @dantimon

Welcome to the Community! 

We appreciate you raising this concern to us. Please be assured that our dev team are doing their best to improve the app.

Since I've managed to locate your account using your Community details, I went ahead and ran remote tests on our end. There appears to be no evident line fault that is service affecting. 

Are you experiencing any connection issues at the moment? If so, could you please provide us with more information? 

I would also recommend checking out these Community articles for reference which type of issue you may be experiencing:

Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection
Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Feel free to let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Ahra_G

sixthinsight
Level 1a

I'm also having issues with the App - I get we've run into an issue.  please send us a message. (Error Code 28LJUA)

The error code is different every time.

I'm keen to re-run the speedtest, as I had some work done on my telco copper wiring in the house, and ookla is reporting higher speed.  I would like to understand if i can upgrade to a higher speed.

Thanks

Shane

Hi @sixthinsight ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, please post the screen shot of the error message of the test using TPG application and also the test result from Ookla for additional reference. To better understand the status of the connection please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

I'm also having issues with the App - I get we've run into an issue.  please send us a message. (Error Code 28LJUA)

The error code is different every time.

I'm keen to re-run the speedtest, as I had some work done on my telco copper wiring in the house, and ookla is reporting higher speed.  I would like to understand if i can upgrade to a higher speed.

Thanks

mehimina
Level 1a

I figure out what , TPG has some powerful servers 

take look https://www.charterspeedtest.info/tpg-speed-test/

thanks me later

s137238oscar
Level 2

I'm also having issues with the app, never been able to open the internet connection test, I know I have issues with wifi, first it was a brand new mac mini, I couldn't get an internet connection, at one stage Apple recommended that the mini was faulty, then it was with a robot vaccum cleaner, also no connection, I only have connection on my phone because I'm close to a Telstra phone in the street.

Shane

Hi @s137238oscar,

If the devices are having issues to connect with the Wi-Fi, it is possible that its caused by Wireless Interference or Wi-Fi compatiblity between the modem/router's Wi-Fi mode and the device's Wi-Fi supported connection. 

Here are some articles that you may find helpful, please see the links below.

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

I'm also having issues with the app, never been able to open the internet connection test, I know I have issues with wifi, first it was a brand new mac mini, I couldn't get an internet connection, at one stage Apple recommended that the mini was faulty, then it was with a robot vaccum cleaner, also no connection, I only have connection on my phone because I'm close to a Telstra phone in the street.