TPG Community

Get online support

Setting up ADSL2+ and modem configuration

Manuel
Community Manager

Setting up ADSL2+ Home Bundle and modem configurations

This article provides modem setup advice for ADSL2+ Broadband to get you up and running in just a few simple steps;

• Modem physical setup
  • Line Filter & Phone Setup
  • ADSL Activation
  • Manual Modem Setup (if required)
  • Wi-Fi Setup
  • General Settings

Modem physical setupPic 1.png

1. With the supplied Power cable, connect the Power porton the back of your modem to your power point. 
  2. With the supplied Ethernet cable, connect your PCto any of the 4 LAN ports on the back of your modem. 
  3. With the supplied RJ-11 telephone cable, connect the ADSL porton the back of your modem to your telephone wall socket.

Line filter & phone physical setup

pic 2.pngYour ADSL2+ modem does not require a filter to work properly, however other telephony devices (e.g. telephone) connected to the same phone wall socket as your modem does require a filter. In this situation you need an ADSL splitter. A splitter works in a very similar way to a filter, the only difference is that it also allows unfiltered signal to go through to your modem.

pic 3.pngEvery connected telephony device in your premises must be connected to your phone wall socket/s using ADSL filters. Note that these telephony devices could be connected to different phone wall sockets around your home.

ADSL activation

Note: If you get your modem from TPG, you are not required to configure your modem as TPG has already configured your modem with your account details. Otherwise please proceed to Advanced Modem Setup.

pic99.png

Once you received a notification from TPG with an advice that your ADSL service is active, turn on your modem and leave it for a few minutes. The ADSL light in the front of your modem will become solid green. Your Internet connection should now be working.

Manually configuring modem (If required)

Note: If you get your modem from TPG, you are not required to configure your modem as TPG has already configured your modem with your account details.

pic 4.png 

1. Open your browser and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 and pressEnter

1. Enter admin for both the username and password and click Login. If you have changed the login credentials, please enter the current username and password for your router interface.

1. Enter your TPG username and password. Click Nextpic 5.png.

pic 6.png

1. You can change your WiFi details or choose to keep the default settings. The default WiFi SSID is printed on the sticker underneath your modem. The WiFi password is set to your TPG ADSL password by default. Click Next

Wi-Fi setup

Note: If you get your modem from TPG, your modem has been pre-configured for Wi-Fi, the security key is the same as your TPG Password.

1. Make sure that wireless/Wi-Fi is enabled on your devices.

1. Your modem is configured with a unique TPG wireless network name printed on a sticker underneath your modem. Using your wireless device, scan for wireless networks and select the network called TPG-xxxx (xxxx is a random 4 digit alphanumeric code).

1. Enter the Security Key. By default, the security key is the same as your TPG Password.

pic 7.png

General settings

TPG ADSL2+ Settings

ADSL Username

Your TPG Username

ADSL Password

Your TPG Password

Encapsulation

PPPoE LLC

Authentication Method

PAP

Modulation

ADSL2+

VPI/VCI

8 / 35

TPG Domain Name Server (DNS)

Primary DNS

Secondary DNS

4 REPLIES 4
abodur031
Level 2

Hello how I can fix my internet today some one come fix the cable but I not have internet 

BasilDV

Hi @abodur031,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account and learned that the installation was successful, however, your modem needs to be configured with your TPG account details for the internet to work.

Please shoot me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted and I will have our Tech team to contact you to help you with the troubleshooting.

Don't know how to send a PM? Please click this link for the instructions.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

myrna1960
Level 2
my modem is broken clips cone off at the back port i need new one how can i purchased
thanks
BasilDV

Hi @myrna1960,

Welcome to TPG Community!

If you would like to purchase a brand new modem through us, you may shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted and I'll arrange a call from our Accounts team. Or you may contact them at 13 14 23 (option 3 + 1).

How to send a PM? Click here.

If you will be purchasing an Ethernet cable or Phone cable, you may get it from any electronic / hardware store which you may choose any length you would like.

Kind regards,

BasilDV