TPG Community

Ask, answer and talk about our products

TPG NBN Typical Evening Speeds (updated 26/06/18)

Community Manager

TPG NBN Typical Evening Speeds

You may have seen TPG's amazing value NBN plans advertised with a typical evening speed. This helps inform our customers about the speeds you can expect during evening peak times (7pm - 11pm) when most internet users are at home using their NBN service. 

TPG NBN typical evening speeds (for NBN technologies FTTP, FTTN, HFC, FTTB - all except Fixed Wireless) are:

Speed Tier

Typical Evening Speed (7pm - 11pm)

Ideal For

Standard (nbn12)

10.0Mbps

• Essential use
  • 1-2 users
  • Speed similar to DSL

Fast (nbn50)

42.7Mbps

• Streaming multiple HD videos
  • Heavy users
  • Much faster than DSL

Superfast (nbn100)

71.4Mbps

• Stream 4k videos
  • Concurrent heavy users
  • Best NBN speed

TPG delivers these typical evening speeds by:

• Carefully managing the capacity we purchase from NBN Co to ensure performance on TPG NBN plans
  • Fully owning and operating our world-class voice and data network, including intercapital fibre to carry traffic from the NBN network to our core network, and a submarine fibre optic cable to give customers a great international browsing experience

Most popular TPG NBN plans:

We have a range of plans so you can choose what best suits you. Our most popular plans are:

TE speed.PNG

Unlimited plans start from $59.99/month on the Standard (nbn12) Speed Tier, but for just $10/month more why not go more than 3 times faster on our Fast (nbn50) plans?

Why choose TPG NBN?

image.png

Ready to sign up? For more information or to sign up for TPG NBN visit https://www.tpg.com.au/services/nbn-plans today.

Want to change your NBN speed plan? Request the change quickly and securely online at https://cyberstore.tpg.com.au/register/change-nbn.php.

7 Comments
Level 1
Do customers on the 25mbps plan need to change their plan to get moved to the 50mbps plan or will this happen automatically?

@Korrynl At this time we won't be automatically moving customers to new plans, however you can upgrade your plan via https://cyberstore.tpg.com.au/register/change-nbn.php.

Level 3

Interesting that TPG's typical evening speeds are different from Telstra and Optus.

Looks like TPG is the best for evening download speeds on the NBN 12Mbps and the NBN 50Mbps plans?

image.pngOptus http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/home-broadband/nbn-speed-packsimage.pngTelstra https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/nbn/nbn-speeds-explained

Tas Level 1b
Level 1b

Great to see your advertised plan speeds.

You should probably change your typical speeds to be as low as 0.16 Mbps Down and 0.01 to 0.000 Up during the evening.

A service thats unable to even send an email Smiley Sad

I can't believe you have disconnected my copper service that was an ADSL+2 service with a constant 13Mbps for a disgraceful NBN service that is slower than dial up. After no end of calls and complaints over the years you now telling me my only option is to cancel my service. 

Thats great when my landline, security service, business and internet require a data service to work and you got nothing to offer as its apparently an NBN congestion issue with no fixed date for a resolution. What the hell gives NBN the ability to cut someones services and offfer them no option in return. No mobile service means no 4G and being inside a wireless NBN zone means no sateliite. No ADSL option as you idiots removed it.

WTF now.

Hi @Tas,

Welcome to the community!

I understand your frustrations regarding the speed of your current NBN service particularly when you a ADSL+2 service with a good connection speed before.

Whilst we understand your concern, the NBN Technology is currently being rolled out around the country by the Australian Government. Once the NBN has rolled out in your area, you will have 18 months before the old network (ADSL) will be switched off if you're still on it.

Unfortunately, there's no way of getting around this, everyone will have to move over eventually as all copper lines will soon be decommissioned.

I was able to locate your account using your community details and seen that your speed issue has been raised to our Engineering Team, NBN Co. confirmed to us that this is a congestion issue and a network upgrade have been planned for the 3rd Quarter of 2019.

I will treat this a complain and pass this to one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager for further test and investigation.

Regards,

Tas Level 1b
Level 1b

Hi Shane,

We were one of the first in Australia to receive the NBN technology back in 2010- 2011.
Congestion has been an issue since its rollout and we have continually heard year after year about the planned upgrades.
These upgrades never take place, also heard there was an inquiry but sound like thats been swept under the carpet.
Frustrated is an understatement as all this lead-up about fast NBN has been nothing but bull** for many of us.
The average evening speed for rural customers in this area is around 3-4 Mpbs, so where is you 3-4 Mpbs plan.
And as we were once NBN installer for all their technologise we often receive the complaints regarding their pathetic service.
 And whats even more annoying is you send out emails to eldery and non tech savy people like this:

ADDITIONAL TESTS:

I. CONTINUOUS PING:

• To conduct a continuous ping, ensure that none of your other PCs are doing internet activity.
    • Open up the command prompt of one of your PCs.
    • Type the following in \\\"ping <IP address> -n 1000\\\" without the quotations. 
      • ping 192.168.0.1 -n 1000
      • ping 203.219.198.10 -n 1000

• Wait for the test to finish and for the PING STATISTICS, found at the end, to show up.
  • Just send us a screenshot or a copy of the PING STATISTICS to this email.
  • We should have 3 ping test results

II. TRACE ROUTE

• To conduct a trace route,
      • Open up the command prompt of one of your PCs.
      • Type the following in \\\"tracert tpg.com.au\\\" without the quotations. 
      • EXAMPLE: tracert tpg.com.au
      • Copy a screen shot of the trace route result

III. SPEED TESTS:

•  For speed tests, please run the speed tests at :  http://www.speedtest.net
  • Please just get a screenshot after the test is complete.
  • Please don\\\'t forget to indicate the timestamps for these tests.

Once you\\\'re done, please send them as a REPLY to this email.
We hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you. 

for crying out loud do something about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Hi @Tas,

We have this passed to our Complaints Resolution Team you will be contacted by one of our Case Manager via SMS or Phone call. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,