Formal Complaint

ZY23
Level 2

I'd like to lodge a formal complaint against the installation services (moving home) for home phone and broadband and the case manager ("Fei", from call centre) who manages my case.

I'm 96 years old, wheelchair bounded. I live by myself and relies on the home phone to contact my doctor and vital alert call for emergencies.

Recently I move home and logged a request on 18th June 2019 to install home phone and internet at the new address.

Since then, the installation were cancelled twice. I was advised by case manager "Fei" that the technician couldn't access the MDF or contact me.

First appointment (scheduled between 8am-12pm). I only received a call from the technician at 12:35PM. By that time, I have left home for doctor appointment. I asked the technician to wait for 5 minutes and I'll get the property manager to open the MDF, but he refused and left.

I complained to the case manager ("Fei"), but she was so arrogant that she didn't care about my situation even though I clearly stated my difficulties and the safety concerns without the vital call monitoring.

Second appointment was 10 days later on 11th July (scheduled between 8am-12pm). This time I stayed home and also asked my property manager stayed with me all day. We did not receive any call from the technician. The gate was open and nobody showed up at my place.

I called and complained to the case manager ("Fei"). Basically she repeated the same lines exactly like what she did before, as if nothing happened and it's just another case need to be rescheduled, blah, blah.

I was so disappointed with the customer service from TPG. I requested to talk to her supervisor, but she refused to put me through. I insisted talking to her manager, but she said "nothing we can do, doesn't matter if you talk to the manager ..."

Now I'm left alone again without home phone, without the medical vital alert call for monitoring and emergency call. Legally you might not be liable, but morally don't you TPG feel bad if incident does happen to me without being able to call for help???

Shame on you TPG, where is the customer services? In my whole life, I have never, ever seen a corporate service running like this.

I asked the case manager to cancel all the service with TPG, but she refused again. Of course, as she said, "you need email the cancellation service". How do you expect me to send an email without even getting my home phone and internet installed??? Of course, I can push the wheelchair to my neighbors place to write the email.

THANK YOU TPG, very impressive, NOT!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you, @ZY23.

We'd like to review your previous interaction with our staff as part of our ongoing effort to provide the best possible customer service.

We understand the need for a working service most especially in your situation and we're sorry for this experience.

We have located the account using your community details and we can see that your concern has been escalated to our Complaints Resolution Team.

A complaints resolution case manager will contact you within 24-48 hours to discuss the possible resolution to this concern.

We'll make a follow up to make sure that this case will be prioritised and will also monitor this to keep you posted for any update.

Riezl

Hi @ZY23, we can see that our Complaints Resolution Team has been in touch and discussed the concerns raised.

Should you have further queries, you can contact the case manager directly via return mail.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

abestiglec
Level 2

I would like to make a formal complaint about your customer support:

I transferred my service from Telstra to TPG today and I can call anybody and landlines can call me but NO Mobile Phones can call me.

I rang three times and even got disconnected by one so called service provider. Now I have to wait up to two days before anybody calls me back to try and fix my issue.

This is a terrible service an I reliase I made a mistake going to TPG for Mobile Service

David_M

Hi @abestiglec 

I have escalated this to our Senior Mobile support officers, and someone will call you back ASAP within 24hrs to help sort out your issues.

Regards,

David_M