TPG Community

Get online support

How To use "wifi direct" option on your phone

Highlighted
Level 1

Hi, 

I want to ask experts here that how to use wifi direct option on your phone as i have to use data package where signals are not strong enough. I am student and want  internet to complete my important research paper in   turabian style paper . I oftenly came across this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi @Natalie_Strong,

Welcome to the community!

We recommend to contact the phone manufacturer to get instruction on how to use the Wi-Fi direct feature. You may also check it online.

Cheers!

Level 1b

WiFi Direct Setup From the Home screen, tap Applications > Settings > More. Tap the slider next to Wi-Fi Direct to turn the feature On or Off. You may see a prompt to turn off Wi-Fi client/hotspot operation. Tap OK to continue. Tap Wi-Fi Direct to connect to other Wi-Fi Direct devices. 

1. Your device will automatically scan for other Wi-Fi Direct devices. If the device you want to connect with is not listed, ensure Wi-Fi Direct is turned on in both device and tap Scan again.
  2. Tap on the name of the device you would like to connect with from within the list shown on the screen after the scan on your device.
  3. The other device will receive an Invitation to connect prompt and will have two minutes to Accept, in order to make the connection among those two devices.
  4. Once connected, the other device will be displayed as Connected (often highlighted or in some cases an indication of ON at the right side of the device name) in your list of Wi-Fi Direct devices, and the Wifi icon will be visible at the top of your screen.

Sharing Information with Connected Device

https://ghd-sports.com/ghd-sports-ios/