TPG Community

Get online support

Landline Not Working

SOLVED Go to solution
Level 2

Good evening, I’m hoping for assistance with my landline.

I do have NBN, and in my online account settings for NBN Digital Voice.

Services that the phone status is showing it is active, I have a dial tone but can't dial out, no calls are able to come in, however the internet is working fine.

In an attempt to get it to work I have turned the modem off and on, unplugged it and re-plugged
it in (both on the modem end and the phone end), and used the reset button after that hadn't worked.
Until last weekend it had been working, however it is now 5 days that I have not had a working landline, is there something that can be done to fix the problem?

Many thanks

Tricia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @6534630

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and was not able to detect any fault within the network.

You've already exhausted the basic troubleshooting so we did reset the NBN NTD box remotely.

Could you please check the VoIP service if it's already working?

BasilDV

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @6534630

We were able to locate your account using your community details and was not able to detect any fault within the network.

You've already exhausted the basic troubleshooting so we did reset the NBN NTD box remotely.

Could you please check the VoIP service if it's already working?

BasilDV

Level 2

Many thanks BasilDV, I've rung the landline from my mobile, and the first in almost a week, the phone rang!

And I was able to phone out.

Thank you

Tricia

anthony1946
Level 2

my landline is not working again i rang this morning as my payment didnt have sufficent funds of 10dollars 10cents i said i only have funds in my bank on thursdays asi thought u where taking out funds on thursday   i also added to my landline today so i have phone all the time please check and see whats going on as i am a diabetic and need phones at all times kind regards anthony 

Ahra_G

Hi @anthony1946

I have organised a call back to be made from our Accounts Team to assist you and discuss this matter further. 

Kindly wait for the call today. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

iphoneimeiangel
Level 2

Firmware and Baseband updates also were given stopped being obtained on my telephone that no longer best kept my telephone susceptible however additionally saved me irritated due to all the mistake messages. After all this, https://angel.co/u/iphoneimei I were given in touch with the website officers to resolve those problems, to which they never took any great moves, and, later on, I’ve to visit my neighborhood Apple service center for its repair.

nicnikok
Level 2

my landline is not working. I have reset my Captel phone and there is no dialling tone. Neither does my mobile handsets have any dialling tone? 

Ahra_G

Hi @nicnikok

Your account is up to date, no bars and internet is working.Recent test showed that your homephone is also provisioned and should be working as normal.

Your mobile service works separately as your homephone so it should not be affected.

Here's an article that can help you with the No Dial Tone issue:

Troubleshooting No Dial Tone - TPG Home Phone/Voice Service

Let us know if the issue persists so we can organise a call back to be made from our Technical Team.

Regards,

Ahra_G

Johnandi
Level 2
Hi my landline is not working this morning and neither is my wifi. I have turned it off and on again. Still nothing. Can you have a look please? Thanks. John
Aubrey

Hi @Johnandi, send us a private message with your account details and let's have a closer look at your connection.

Thanks,

Aubrey