TPG Community

Get online support

NBN VOIP / Home phone not working

Jeffcott
Level 2

I changed my internet plan from ADSL2 to NBN FFTB over a week ago (27 Aug 2020). Internet has been working fine, however the Voip connection is still not active. Every time I call the TPG Home phone helpline (I have now called more than 5 times), I get the advice that it needs to be activated, to which I say yes please activate it. Every single time, I am advised that activation will take 24-48 hours. I am still waiting. I get a beeping tone on the line (There was a dial tone the 1st day). No one I have talked to is able to tell me if there's a problem with my connection, or if a technician needs to come back to fix something, or if I need to pay a fee...

The status on my account has remained stuck on "Commencing installation" since 27/08. Why is this taking so long? Has anyone encountered this? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @Jeffcott , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link:  How do I private message (PM) in the community