TPG Community

Get online support

Phone line not working but internet connected

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @0394243310,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having calling out using the home phone, we're able to locate the account using the posted details and ran an initial test. The result shows no line fault, please shoot me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time. We'll have one of our Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I am having the same issue. A technician came in and fixed everything on the 26th of November and closed the ticket #xxxxxxx. Now my phone line has stopped working and there is no light for the phone on the modem. But the internet is working fine. 

roscoug
Level 2

Hi, 

I have been having the same problem with the phone line after swaping the router for a newer one.

Rica_R

Hi,

Is the new modem came from TPG? All our provided modems are pre-configured for internet and home phone access which you will need to use if you are to make and receive phone calls.  

roscoug
Level 2

Yes It came from tpg but was used for a service at a different address

BasilDV

Hi @roscoug

Even though this is a TPG modem/router, the information of it is not registered to your account.

We'd like to check if we can align it and make it work with your service.

Please provide the current firmware, make and model of the new modem/router you have.

Note: If it is not a TPG modem/router or third party modem/router, the phone service will not work as the we made an especial firmware for the service to work with our system.

BasilDV

roscoug
Level 2

Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

The modem was used for a different tpg service

BasilDV

Hi @roscoug

We'd like to arrange a call from our Tech team to check on this further and see if we can make this modem/router work.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

BasilDV