TPG Community

Get online support

length of ring time on landline

SOLVED Go to solution
slm
Level 2
Level 2

the TPG system is limited to 8 rings on the land line with apparently no way of extending this.

This is way too short for elderly or people with mobility issues. Based on this and other issues when calling the help line I will  not be recommending TPG. (I work in the aged and disability sector)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

@slm wrote:

My point is that 8 rings or 40 seconds is not long enough for an elderly person or a person with mobility issues to get to the phone before it cuts out. I have to set my answering machine to 6 rings (I only have the option of 6, 9 or 12 rings before it picks up) giving me even less time to get to the phone. Under the old system I had with Telstra I could have the rings/time extended. My question is why isnt this option available with the TPG system?

I work with elerly people in their homes and see how long it takes for them to hear, resopnd and move to the phone. 40 seconds is not even close to being enough time. I am unable to recommend TPG to them based on this. 

We understand, @slm. Please send me a message with your account details and I will raise this to the relevant team.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tonystork
Level 5

I agree, some other providers have this option to extend incoming 'phone rings'. But IMO, I consider TPG have the most affordable service in the market.

Does all the incoming call reached 8 'rings'? Because if not, you can ask their assistance to check it out for you.

Luna
Level 5

Hi @slm and @tonystork, would TPG's standard/default settings for ring time be based on seconds rather than rings? Perhaps a Mod can confirm what the standard ring time setting is for TPG and whether there's any way to change it on an individual basis?

Shane

Hi All,

TPG home phone ring time is set at 40 seconds as a default for all our customers. (The number of rings within this 40 seconds will depend on your handset.)

@slm, should you require further assistance on this matter please let me know.

slm
Level 2
Level 2

My point is that 8 rings or 40 seconds is not long enough for an elderly person or a person with mobility issues to get to the phone before it cuts out. I have to set my answering machine to 6 rings (I only have the option of 6, 9 or 12 rings before it picks up) giving me even less time to get to the phone. Under the old system I had with Telstra I could have the rings/time extended. My question is why isnt this option available with the TPG system?

I work with elerly people in their homes and see how long it takes for them to hear, resopnd and move to the phone. 40 seconds is not even close to being enough time. I am unable to recommend TPG to them based on this. 

Shane

@slm wrote:

We understand, @slm. Please send me a message with your account details and I will raise this to the relevant team.

Userchris
Level 2

I agree. It is important that TPG finds a way to provide an option for users to extend the ring time.