TPG Community

Get online support

vtech T1300 home phone handset - adapter required to use with headset

SOLVED Go to solution
Sophie
Level 2

Hi there community

I have a TPG internet account that has a home phone number attached. I have NBN fibre to the kerb. Ie Calls to my home phone number will be made over the internet. I have the TP Link AC1600 modem which has a standard phone port. 

I have just purchased the home phone handset model vtech T1300 at Officeworks and want to be able to use a headset with this handset. The Officeworks staff member said I can plug my headset into the port that the handset would normally use if I purchase an RJ12–3.5 adapter (female end). I have searched but am very much a technophobe with purchasing cables/leads/adapters and can’t seem to be sure of whether I am choosing the right adapter/jack/cable. I am wondering if there is someone who might please be able to send me a link to the correct adapter/cable/jack I will need to connect my headset to this handset? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sophie
Level 2

Hi David

Thank you I appreciate your help. I ended up calling vtech and it turns out that this unit can't take a headset after all. Out of interest, for a $44 phone handset it has suprisingly good sound quality over my TPG home phone via the NBN/AC1600 router. Much better than I was expecting. So itt's all good and I'll live without the headset. Thanks again

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @Sophie . Have you bought the headset yet? You can get them with the proper connector to fit the telephone base. For example, this one:

https://www.thetelecomshop.com/au/plantronics-practica-sp11-monaural-headset-w-rj11-79182-04?gclid=E...

Headsets with 3.5mm plugs might be more for computer use. The adapter cable might not be ok for telephone. You would have to test with phone, headset and adapter cable.

In use, to answer a call, you have to remove the handset from the cradle. To hangup the call, you have to put the handset back on cradle.

Sophie
Level 2

Hi David

Thank you I appreciate your help. I ended up calling vtech and it turns out that this unit can't take a headset after all. Out of interest, for a $44 phone handset it has suprisingly good sound quality over my TPG home phone via the NBN/AC1600 router. Much better than I was expecting. So itt's all good and I'll live without the headset. Thanks again