TPG Community

Get online support

ASUS Rog Rapture GT AX 11000 set up

Shane

Hi @Nitto1320i.

We had encountered the same issue before, connecting 3rd party router using our supplied modem/router and it actually work by changing the old HG659 connection mode to "DHCP mode" and connect the router to one of the LAN port as a router extension.

You can visit this link for reference. Connect Asus RT-AC88U to Huawei HG659.

Regards,

Followed the instruction but to no avail. I have the old modem/router supplied by tpg (hg659) connected to the asus gtax11000 but i can only get the router to work as wifi router. I am wanting to use the asus gt-ax11000 to control all my wifi devices and have my old hg659 setup as modem only. Any help with my setup please? Thanks
NoAppplesHere
Level 2

Hello,

Thanks for this information, I tried this and it still didn't do it for me.

Once doing all the steps mentioned in this post, there is one additional step required for most set up's that took me far longer than it should have to realise. You need to stop the old modem/router from routing.

This is done by simply following the steps listed on TP-Links page for the TP-Link VR1600 (archer).

TP Link below:

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/faq/2728/

Once I did that I was fully connected to the internet with the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX 11000.

(Please note that once this is done you will need to plug all LAN connections into the Asus)

Hope this solves the problem for other users.

Shane

Awesome! Thanks for the additional tips, @NoAppplesHere. Glad to know that stopping the routing of the old device did trick. 

Hello,

Thanks for this information, I tried this and it still didn't do it for me.

Once doing all the steps mentioned in this post, there is one additional step required for most set up's that took me far longer than it should have to realise. You need to stop the old modem/router from routing.

This is done by simply following the steps listed on TP-Links page for the TP-Link VR1600 (archer).

TP Link below:

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/faq/2728/

Once I did that I was fully connected to the internet with the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX 11000.

(Please note that once this is done you will need to plug all LAN connections into the Asus)

Hope this solves the problem for other users.