TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v v2 very slow web interface

slivkamilan
Level 2

Hi, since the beginning I am experiencing very slow router web interface. Just to login to the modem takes time and then when you click in the menu you just wait and wait. Simple task that should take a minute to set-up or check would frustrate me and took ages to set up.

I have got Archer C5 and D5 and the web interface of those routers is super-fast.

Is there any way to improve it?

Do I have the latest firmware?
Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n

12 REPLIES 12
SteveK
Level 5

Do a Factory Reset and it will be fixed.

slivkamilan
Level 2

it is like that since I opend the box... how would factory reset help? 

Plus there is no option to save all the settings e.g. port forarding WIFI etc...

After factory reset I would have to set it up all again... and if factory reset does not help with the speed of the UI it will take me 2days to do it...  I rather buy a new router

Riezl

Hi @slivkamilan , please be advised that your modem has the latest firmware. May we know how long would it take to open the modem's interface?

slivkamilan
Level 2

it takes 47sec from Login to see web interface and additional 5 sec to see values in the main window

it takes 11sec to change from "Basic" view to "Advanced" view

it takes 24sec to see "LAN Settings" with all 19 DHCP clients

it takes 27sec to see "Wireless Settings"

Riezl

Thanks for the details. Is the issue happening to all the devices you use in logging in to the modem's interface?

SteveK
Level 5

@slivkamilan wrote:

After factory reset I would have to set it up all again... 

Very true.

But it will fix the issue, so reset asap.

slivkamilan
Level 2

yes, all deviced, 2 laptops and mobile phone, plus the Tether app does not support Archer VR1600v which is a shame.

slivkamilan
Level 2

OK. will give it a try one day.

medjina
Level 2

I have recently bought/introduced a Toxophilite VR900 dsl modem/switch. It interfaces with web fine and dandy and all organization gadgets, both wired and remote have web access and throughput/speedtest is fine. Be that as it may, admittance to the switch's administration interface (web interface) is agonizingly moderate and often it basically doesn't react. I have attempted both Chrome and IE (both most recent variants). The switch firmware is forward-thinking. Is this typical for these gadgets or does anybody have any recommendations with regards to what may cause such terrifying execution?

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox