Archer VR1600v

SOLVED Go to solution
ricknusa
Level 2

Hi, can this modem be configured to be a modem only to work with a seperate router ? If so how to do this.

Cheers

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @ricknusa ,

Welcome to the community!

Here is an article that you may find helpful, How to turn on bridge mode on the TP Link 1600v .

Please check the thread for more information.

Regards,

@ricknusa wrote:

Hi, can this modem be configured to be a modem only to work with a seperate router ? If so how to do this.

Cheers

View solution in original post

ricknusa
Level 2

Thanks Shane that worked a treat. It maybe helpful to others that at the point of adding the bridge also disable the wifi so you dont end up with multiple SSID's. In my case i mimicked the wifi SSID's and passwords into the new router so I didnt have to change that on multiple devices.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @ricknusa ,

Welcome to the community!

Here is an article that you may find helpful, How to turn on bridge mode on the TP Link 1600v .

Please check the thread for more information.

Regards,

@ricknusa wrote:

Cheers

ricknusa
Level 2

Thanks Shane that worked a treat. It maybe helpful to others that at the point of adding the bridge also disable the wifi so you dont end up with multiple SSID's. In my case i mimicked the wifi SSID's and passwords into the new router so I didnt have to change that on multiple devices.