TPG Community

Get online support

Connect Asus RT-AC88U to Hewawei HG659

SOLVED Go to solution
shondkee1
Level 2

I am currently connect to tpg via FTTN with a Hewawei HG659 which I was not happy with the wireless speeds.  I have purchased a Asus RT-AC88U Wireless Router.  I cannot get the  AC88U to connect to the internet through the HG659.  Can anyone teill me what the correct settings are on both the HG659 and the RT-AC88U to get an internet connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shondkee1
Level 2

Hi ShaneA,

That did the trick, Auto IP setting worked.  Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.  I guess the auto IP is something to remember with these Asus Wireless routers.  Once again thanks for all the help

Kind regards

Shondkee1

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @shondkee1,

You do not have to change any settings on the Huawei HG659 to connect a different router.

If you wish to connect a 3rd party router on your Huawei HG659.

the router configuration setting/connection setting must be on 'DHCP mode'

Let me know how it will go.

Note: We do not have any reference/information to any 3rd party modem/router.

shondkee1
Level 2

Hi ShaneA,

Thanks for getting to me so quick.  Unfortunately the "DHCP" Mode is set to on.  I have attached  screen shots of my A88U WAN, LAN DHCP settings.

What I have noticed is that they both have the same address 192.168.1.1 could this be a conflict problem, I don't know as I am not that cluey when it comes to modems.

The other thing that I have notice is the colour change of the Led lights on the front of the A88U.  Usually when it is disconnected it is Red and when connect it is a bluey white, a the momment  it is showing a pink colour, god knows what that means as my user manual dosn't meant the meaning of the LED lights.

Any help is greatly appreciated

shondkee1
Level 2

Hi ShaneA,

This attachment is the second part of the Wan Settings

Tks

Shane

Thanks for the details, @shondkee1,

I'd like to know what option do you have on 'WAN Connection type' aside from PPPoE.

Regards,

shondkee1
Level 2

Hi ShaneA,

My basic config selection are: Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP.  I have attached a screen shot.

Regards

Shane

Thanks, @shondkee1,

Can you try to select Automatic IP and see how it will go.

Note: We do not have any reference/information to any 3rd party modem/router.

In case it will not work. I may suggest to contact the Manufacturer for further assistance.

Regards,

shondkee1
Level 2

Hi ShaneA,

That did the trick, Auto IP setting worked.  Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.  I guess the auto IP is something to remember with these Asus Wireless routers.  Once again thanks for all the help

Kind regards

Shondkee1

Shane

Wow! I am glad to know that  unlocked something new with ASUS router. @shondkee1. You're always welcome. In case you will have queries with our Service or any Technical concern do not hesitate to open a thread.

Have a great day.

Enjoy!