TPG Community

Get online support

Disconnecting at the same time every night

robsue
Level 2

Beginning last Friday, my modem/router disconnected at about 8:30 pm and even after turning the unit off and on, it failed to connect to the interenet. This has happened every night for a week. Before then, no problems.

I changed my Belkin 300 over to a Belkin 600 but the problem persists.

Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @robsue,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have run some remote test. We were not able to detect any fault on the network, which causes the issue every night.

We'd like to understand this further and analyze the issue that you are experiencing.

When you lost the internet connection, did you notice the light of your Belkin modem to change?

Is your modem connected directly to the wall socket or are you using a splitter/filter?

Do you have a home phone connected as well? Please check if the voice quality is clear or if there's an audible noise in the background.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

robsue
Level 2

Both modems experience flashing lights (attempts to reconnect) after the intial disconnection.

I have an ADSL 2+ wall phone filter (DSL018E1) but I unplugged the phone earlier this week to eliminate it as a source of the problem.

BasilDV

Hi @robsue,

Thank you for the information.

We would like to look into it further as there's no evident fault on the copper network.

Since it keeps on happening around 8PM onward, we would like to arrange a call from our Tech team today between 8PM - 9PM if you are available. Please shoot me a PM with the best number to contact you.

Kind regards,

BasilDV