TPG Community

Get online support

HUAWEI HG659 IVp6 settings question - Auto Configure DNS or Auto Configure Subnet OPENDNS

SOLVED Go to solution
spotts
Level 3

Hi, I turned off IVp6 a year ago as OPENDNS which I use to protect family didn't support it and filitering didn't work. I

OpenDNS now support Ivp6 and I want to turn back on. Which setting do I choose in DROP DOWNBOX.

Auto config DNS server or Auto Config Subnet. I presume it is "Auto config DNS server" is this correct?

Screenshot (52).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @spotts, thanks for your query.

Yes, it's "Auto-configure DNS server".

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Riezl

Hi @spotts, thanks for your query.

Yes, it's "Auto-configure DNS server".

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

spotts
Level 3

So I turned it on but then I went to see if ipv6 was walking but it fails the test only ipv4 gets the green tick.

http://ipv6-test.com/

Shane

Hi @spotts, Please be advised that TPG currently supplies ipv4.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

spotts
Level 3

Thanks for the reply. I believe ipv4 ran out of addresses recently so now ipv6 will be more common. I don't use TPG's dns servers but opendns for filtering does that mean that ipv6 will work I wonder?

BasilDV

Hi @spotts,

Even though you are using an open dns server, the IPv6 will still not work on your TPG service as we only support IPv4 as of the moment.

Kind regards,

spotts
Level 3

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it. So I guess if TPG only supports ipv4 right now so I need not bother with it. So I read in PC & Tech Authority was incorrect. I think it was an article in there mag I read. They said that the last ipv4 addresss were allocated. Now some sites are only ipv6 which means until TPG supports that we won't be able to view that website?

Saying that I have never had a website not work so ipv6 only websites must be very rare?

Here is a list of ipv6 only sites. If tpg doesn't support it how is it I am able to view it? Still trying to understand this ipv6 thing.

Shane

Hi @spotts,

We currently do not supply Ipv6 but it does not mean that you're not able to access/view website that used ipv6.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,