TPG Community

Get online support

How do I upgrade firmware on Huawei HG659

SOLVED Go to solution
Erika

Hi @smithy2167

Welcome to the Community!

I've now requested for a firmware upgrade for your modem. 

We'll update you once this has been completed. 

Regards, 

Erika

Hi smithy2167,

We've received an update that your modem's firmware has now been upgraded. 

You may also check this great article on Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home. 

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Regards,

patience
Level 2

Can I please get an updated firmware? The modem loses internet everyday and sometimes multiple times.

I only use it in bridge ethernet with a netgear orbi wifi system, there shouldn't be that much stress on it.

Product type:
HG659
Device ID:
00E0FC-J3N8W16B29009250
Hardware version:
VER.B
Software version:
V100R001C216B111

Thanks,
Calvin
Mc_Gerald

Hi Calvin, 

Welcome to TPG community! 

We are now processing your request, I'll revert back to you tomorrow for the update.

Cheers! 

Mc_Gerald

Hi Calvin, hope you're having a great day! The firmware of your modem/router has been updated. Thanks for raising this matter and giving us the opportunity to help you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need further assistance. Cheers! 

mintlin83
Level 2

Hi,

Can I have my firmware updated please? My internet connection goes on and off multiple times a day and it's getting frustrating.

Thanks.

Product type:

HG659
Device ID:
00E0FC-J3N8W16B29007175
Hardware version:
VER.B
Software version:
V100R001C216B111
pamela1900
Level 2

No one wants to respond to my many questions. For 6 days I have tried to contact a Real Support person. It tells me the Security Key is 4.digits on my modem... It is 4.letters. I am not paying for a service I don't have. I have no idea what my password is..... I am contacting the Ombudsman tomorrow as TPG doesn't have a phone number to ring. One was disconnected and one was a deadline. I need Wi-Fi to use my laptop!!!!!

BasilDV

Hi @mintlin83,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have requested for the firmware update from our network engineers and will provide you with the updates once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @pamela1900,

We've responded to your original post on "Security Key".

The default password of your WiFi connection is on the sticker and may be labeled as "WPA", "WPA-PSK", etc.

Click this link to direct you to our community post which has some guide on where to look for your WiFi connection details.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @mintlin83,

Good news! The firmware of your modem has been updated.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV