TPG Community

Get online support

How do I upgrade firmware on Huawei HG659

SOLVED Go to solution
Riezl

Yes, @WarWizard. It's the latest firmware. Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Auscasty
Level 2
Hello @Riezl
I have been experiencing dropouts lately and the firmware upgrade may possibly help . How do I get the update ? What details are needed to upgrade my modem ?
Thanks
Shane

Hi @Auscasty,

Welcome to the community!

On what particular device you experience the connection dropouts? We ran an inital test to your service its shows connected for  1d 21h 59m.

If dropouts occurs on wireless device(s) we did an article that yo may find helpful this will guide you on how to make your wireless connection stable.

Please see links below.

On the other hand, we're able to locate your account using your Community details and requested a firmware upgrade for your modem/router.

Updates will be provided when is available on this thread.

Cheers!

Auscasty
Level 2
Hi Shane
Thanks for the response . The dropouts I mentioned was when we are browsing from our devices and then having to wait while the modem reconnects to the nbn .
I then check and see that the nbn connection is refreshing . Previously the service used to be up for more than 7 days at a time .
Once the firmware is updated will monitor and see how stable the connection is .
Will also review the links about the wireless connection .
Thanks
Riezl

Hi @Auscasty, your modem has the latest firmware now.

There's no indication that the connection is dropping out and we are suspecting that it has something to do with the bandwidth utilisation, but we'll see if the firmware upgrade will make a difference.

If the issue persists, please let us know so we can further check. Thank you.

Auscasty
Level 2
Thanks very much . Will monitor it and if any issues will let you know .
Thanks
Hyper
Level 3

Hi @Riezl and other Moderators,

Would it be possible to also update the firmware on my router?

Product type: HG659
Device ID: 00E0FC-J3N8W17207007334
Hardware version: VER.B
Kind of surprised that this cannot be done by the user or is at least set to update automatically. So, I do appreciate your help in that matter! :-)

Best wishes!

BasilDV

Hi @Hyper,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Your request has been lodged and will provide you with the updates once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

mratt
Level 2
Hi

May I please get the firmware updated on my device? I am having regular WiFi issues (drop-outs of sorts, but requires device reboots for internet connectivity to be restored).

Product type:
HG659
Device ID:
00E0FC-J3N8W17A16901703
Hardware version:
VER.B
Software version:
V100R001C216B013

Thanks
Ad1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV ,

Any chance I could also get firmware update on my modem?

Product type: HG659
Device ID: 00E0FC-J3N8W17828938561
Hardware version: VER.B
Software version: V100R001C216B112

Thanks