TPG Community

Get online support

How to turn on bridge mode on the TP Link 1600v

Hi @joecarmody,

I have responded to your initial post.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Level 1b

I am trying to bridge 2 TPG modems so I can have a house phone. My first modem is a TP Link VR1600v which I want to use because of the house phone facility and my second modem is a TPG Huawei HG659 FTTB for its superior performance. Need instructions on how to achieve this especially what ports the cable has to be in. Would not have to do this if I could find out if the HG659 can be reconfigured from FTTB to FTTN.

Highlighted

Hi @Hyundai

Welcome to TPG Community!

There's not much of a difference between the configuration of FTTB and FTTN.

You may use your Huawei modem/router, however, the phone service will not work since the setting is embedded to the modem that we've provided.

If you want the VoIP phone to work, then you can use the Huawei as an access point. You may refer to the previous conversation here.

Have a great day.

BasilDV

Highlighted
Level 1a

Hi TPG,

I have bridged the TPG supplied TP-Link VR1600v to use with my Linksys EA9500 router.

I have connected the router to the WAN port of the bridged TP-Link and set the router to PPPoE and input my TPG username and password however I am unable to connect the router to the internet.

Can you please advise if there are any outher router specific settings that I need to configure in the Linksys EA9500 in order for it to work with the bridged modem?

Thank you