TPG Community

Get online support

Issue with Huawei HG659

SOLVED Go to solution
NSW2574
Level 3

Hi all,

I have an Epson WP-2750 wireless printer connected to the above router and all PCs (4) and laptops (2) have had access and all was well.

Then the connection would be lost and I'd have to reset (turn off & back on) both the router and printer and everything would work again, for a while. This has degenerated to the point where I can't acces the printer, from any machine, at all.

I can see the printer is connected to the router but can't do anything with it; Windows reports the printer is off-line or a "communication error". I have updated the printer drivers, I have factory reset the printer and tried multiple connection methods (direct WiFi, WPS (PIN)) and again, I can see the printer is connected to the router but I simply can't access it.

I don't believe this is a WiFi issue per se because all laptops connect to the router and function flawlessly. Also, if I connect a PC or laptop directly to the printer via USB everything works fine.

I've been browsing through the forums looking for similar problems & solutions and have come across a few possibilities;

* Factory reset the router - do I need to write anything down or will it auto-configure?

* This router seems to have many issues - is the TP-Link AC1600 Archer VR600 a replacement option?

* Firmware update - my current version is;

HG659
Device ID:00E0FC-J3N8W16B29008302
Hardware version:VER.B
Software version:V100R001C216B113

I really am a loss here, the problem exists across all my machines and the only common factor I can see is the router. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @NSW2574, thanks for reporting this matter to us.

* Factory reset the router - do I need to write anything down or will it auto-configure?

The modem will auto-configure once you reset it to factory default.

* This router seems to have many issues - is the TP-Link AC1600 Archer VR600 a replacement option?

We'll see if a hard reset will resolve the issue before we work on sending a new modem.

HG659

Your modem has the latest firmware.

We also recommend having a read of this community article, which can help you with this query:

Wi-Fi troubleshooting steps - No Internet/Connection - TPG Community

Let us know how it goes and if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

Hi @NSW2574, thanks for reporting this matter to us.

The modem will auto-configure once you reset it to factory default.

We'll see if a hard reset will resolve the issue before we work on sending a new modem.

HG659

Your modem has the latest firmware.

We also recommend having a read of this community article, which can help you with this query:

Wi-Fi troubleshooting steps - No Internet/Connection - TPG Community

Let us know how it goes and if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

NSW2574
Level 3

Thanks for the response Riezl.

I factory rest the HG659 and then did the same for the printer.

I made a connection between the two via WPS PIN and all was well and has been so for a week.

Regards,

Eric

Will

That's wonderful news, @NSW2574!

I'm glad that you were able to get it sorted out. Feel free to reach out to us again if you need assistance.

Cheers!