TPG Community

Get online support

List of Non-TPG supplied Modem/Routers for use with TPG NBN BYO Data Only Plans

Shane

Hi @Simonwoo,

Welcome to the community!

The information posted on this thread (TPG Community suggested setting) 
is the required settings for a 3rd party modem/router to work with TPG NBN. Hopefully one of our community users can provide us a feedback with the compatbility of TP-LINK AX73 to TPG NBN service.

Regards,

Hi, I just bought ax73 to replace my old router. May I know how to set it up as it show no internet as I thought it was just plug and play. My subscription is NBN 50 home
sanderson
Level 2
Hi. Which of these modems would you recommend for NBN FTTB and are any wifi6? Looking to upgrade my old TPG supplied TP Link archer which I’m forever having to reboot.
tessagrosvenor
Level 2
Can you post instal configuration for Sagemcom gateway fast 3864
Shane

Hi @tessagrosvenor,

We do not have information on how to access the configuration page of the modem/router, but in general you need to have a laptop/desktop or smartphone connected at the back or bottom of the modem there should be a sticker label with the details of the Default Access Gate way which includes the Username and password.

Regards,

Can you post instal configuration for Sagemcom gateway fast 3864
Charlizd
Level 2

Im looking to buy the Ubiquiti AmpliFi Alien Wireless AX8000 Router as an upgrade to my TPG supplied modem/router and am aware it is only a router and i need a modem,. However the Modem i have from TPG i have had for a few years now and is running extremely hot ( sometimes too hot to handle) so i want to upgrade, can you suggest a good cheaper modem i could plug the above router into? OR can you guys supply a new modem? With the way mine keeps dropping out and i feel that the overheating of the modem may be contributing to it dropping my internet all the time. Not to mention i dont want the thing catching fire when im in bed and setting the house ablaze.

Shane

We responded to your initial post located here and awaiting for your response.

Please avoid posting on multiple threads to avoid redundancy and confusion.

Regards,

Im looking to buy the Ubiquiti AmpliFi Alien Wireless AX8000 Router as an upgrade to my TPG supplied modem/router and am aware it is only a router and i need a modem,. However the Modem i have from TPG i have had for a few years now and is running extremely hot ( sometimes too hot to handle) so i want to upgrade, can you suggest a good cheaper modem i could plug the above router into? OR can you guys supply a new modem? With the way mine keeps dropping out and i feel that the overheating of the modem may be contributing to it dropping my internet all the time. Not to mention i dont want the thing catching fire when im in bed and setting the house ablaze.

Brad0
Level 2
Hi TPG

Do you have an updated lists of Nighthawk or Orbi routers that you support that work with FTTN?

The ones listed that support FTTN are no longer available in the big box stores

Thanks
Shane

Hi Brad0, we will update the list once we are able to gather new information to setup NBN ready modem/router . For now you may also check this list that I found on Whirlpool.

Cheers!

Hi TPG

Do you have an updated lists of Nighthawk or Orbi routers that you support that work with FTTN?

The ones listed that support FTTN are no longer available in the big box stores

Thanks