TPG Community

Get online support

List of Non-TPG supplied Modem/Routers for use with TPG NBN BYO Data Only Plans

Joseph_D
Hi TPG Community,

Below is a list of Non-TPG supplied modem/router setup guides that can assist with the configuration if it will be used with our TPG NBN BYO – Data Only Plans.

We will continuously add more setup guides for most common or popular modem/router in the future.

D-Link

D-Link COVR-1102
D-Link DSL-2878
D-Link DSL-3900
D-Link DSL-4320L
D-Link DSL-G225
D-Link AC1750
D-Link COVR-1100
D-Link Exo AC1900
D-Link N300
D-Link AC1200

D-Link DSL-2888A

D-Link DSL-3785

D-Link DSL-3890

D-Link EXO AC2600

ASUS

ASUS RT-AC68U

ASUS AC1500
ASUS DSL AC68U
ASUS AC1200

Netcomm

Netcomm NF4V
Netcomm NB16WV-02

FRITZ!Box

FRITZ!Box 7390
FRITZ!Box 7490

TP-Link
TP-Link Archer C9
TP-Link AX6000

TP-Link C4000

TP-Link Archer VR900

TP-Link Deco

TP-Link AC1200 MU-MIMO Archer VR400
TP-Link Archer AX10

Netgear

Netgear D6400

Netgear Nighthawk D7000

Netgear Nighthawk D7800

Netgear Nighthawk RAX80

Netgear Nighthawk RAX120
Netgear Orbi RBK50

Billion

Billion BiPac7800NXL

Technicolor

Technicolor TG789VAC V2

Telstra

Smart Modem Gen2

Smart Modem Gen3

Belong

Belong 4353

Sagemcom

Sagemcom F@st 5355

27 REPLIES 27
wing88
Level 3

Hi Joseph,

Hope you can discuss the setup guide of Huawei ax3-ws7200 in the near future.

wing88

Shane

Hi @wing88,

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll try to look for Huawei ax3-ws7200's guide, we'll post more modem/router guide in the future here in the community.

Cheers! 

Hi Joseph,

Hope you can discuss the setup guide of Huawei ax3-ws7200 in the near future.

wing88

wing88
Level 3

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

My NBN connection type is HFC.  

TP-LINK Archer VR 1600v is my TPG supplied modem/router and I want to replace it with Huawei ax3-ws7200.

I did some research online about NBN modem/router and came across the following web site ( https://help.australiabroadband.com.au/support/solutions/articles/44000687028-australia-broadband-se... ).  It discussed different NBN connections with BYO modems and TPG supplied modems

This is an old article posted on 17-6-2019.  In the paragraph about HFC and FTTC it said " Connections using third-party hardware are not supported ".  

Does it mean I can't use my Huawei ax3-ws7200 as a replacement modem/router?

wing88

Shane

Hi @wing88,

I'd like to set your expectation that these list of modem/router guide are made for TPG NBN BYO Data Only Plans.

In the event that you are with the TPG-NBN plans that comes with VoIP service.  You need to configure the device to be a router only with the VLAN ID 2. If not, then you may use your device as an access point instead.

Regards,

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

My NBN connection type is HFC.  

TP-LINK Archer VR 1600v is my TPG supplied modem/router and I want to replace it with Huawei ax3-ws7200.

I did some research online about NBN modem/router and came across the following web site ( https://help.australiabroadband.com.au/support/solutions/articles/44000687028-australia-broadband-se... ).  It discussed different NBN connections with BYO modems and TPG supplied modems. 

This is an old article posted on 17-6-2019.  In the paragraph about HFC and FTTC it said " Connections using third-party hardware are not supported ".  

Does it mean I can't use my Huawei ax3-ws7200 as a replacement modem/router?

wing88

wing88
Level 3

Hi Shane,

My TPG-NBN plans does come with VoIP service.

Still looking forward to the day we discuss the possibility of using the Huawei ax3-ws7200 as the modem/router for TPG NBN BYO Data Only Plans.

wing88

Shane

Hi @wing88,

We will post new modem/router guides for NBN BYO Data Only Plans here in our community when it becomes available Smiley Happy

Cheers!

Hi Shane,

My TPG-NBN plans does come with VoIP service.

Still looking forward to the day we discuss the possibility of using the Huawei ax3-ws7200 as the modem/router for TPG NBN BYO Data Only Plans.

wing88

Joseph_D

@wing88 I think it may work both on your current HFC connection and on BYO plans.

Please note that I am not 100% sure but I based it on the information on https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1869476/Huawei-Wifi-Ax3.html?page=9#manual

Before you proceed in using this, I would like to advise you that by not using TPG's supplied modem/router your TPG Home Phone service will not work.

Just try and connect the WAN Port of the ax3-ws7200 direct to the Uni D1 of the Arris Box or NTD.

Access the modem GUI and input the settings below. Default gateway is normally 192.168.3.1

• Encapsulation Type: PPPoE
  • Broadband Account: TPG Username
  • Broadband Password: TPG Username Password
  • VLAN 2

If the above does not work, or you wish to use the home phone as well, just connect this router to the TPG provided modem and used the ax3-ws7200 as a regular router.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

wing88
Level 3

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your guide.

I don't mind stop using the VoIP service by connecting my HUAWEI ax3 pro.

Try hooking up the Huawei modem with your instructions but I can't find the VLAN parameter in the modem GUI.

I am stuck now.

Just letting you know that I haven't given up yet and will keep trying.

Cheers

wing88

Joseph_D

@wing88 Have you checked https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1869476/Huawei-Wifi-Ax3.html?page=9#manual ? You may have to switch the VLAN on.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Joseph D