TPG Community

Get online support

No nbn connection box

SOLVED Go to solution
angel1234
Level 3
A day before yesterday I got delivered my tp-link VX420-G2h modem and tried to connect with my old nbn ntd ( Arris CM8200). It wasn’t working with FTTP service. I also talked to tpg community and they said I need a different nbn ntd connection box, which works with FTTP service. It's been 12 days and we're without internet. Please help me and send me new nbn ntd connection box.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@angel1234 . Did you bring this Arris box from your old address? if so, you should have left it there.

Regarding the grey box on the outside wall, what is on the inside of this wall? Is it the garage? Sometimes, the FTTP internal box is mounted in the garage?

Are there any ethernet outlets in the house? The house may already be wired for the FTTP connection. There may be a patch panel tucked away in a cupboard.

You might be able to ask your estate agent about this.

View solution in original post

angel1234
Level 3
Thanks Now I found nbn ntd connection box installed inside the garage cabinet and my internet is working now. I apologise for my rude words.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
david64
Level 15

Hi @angel1234 . Just to muddy the waters further, you say you have a VX420-G2h. Apart from the label, this unit has a light labelled "4G" (separate from the 2.4GHz and 5GHz for your wifi devices). Normally, this unit is used for the 4G Home Wireless broadband (because it has a built-in mobile phone, sort of). 

Are you sure you haven't subscribed to 4G Home Wireless broadband plan?

Regarding the grey box on the wall. Any cables going in to it? Can you see where they come from or go to?

Is there anything nearby on the other side of the wall?

Go to www.nbnco.com.au and enter your address to see what connection type is at your location.

Login to My Account to see what plan TPG thinks you are on.

The picture shows one type of external NBN box. Seems to do FTTP and HFC.

angel1234
Level 3
I subscribed to NBN Broadband SL Bundle 12/1 plan. I got the email which shows my plan. I didn’t open the box but some wires are covered in plastic pipe which going to the floor.
david64
Level 15

@angel1234 . Can you check your address at www.nbnco.com.au to verify your type of connection. FTTP or HFC?

Did you move into a brand new house or existing one? 

The lights you describe (nbn ntd box there are power, downstream, upstream and online indicators) are for HFC connection. Did you find any wall outlet where this might connect? If this is an existing house, it is possible the previous resident took the coaxial cable.

angel1234
Level 3
We moved to an existing house its an year old house and there are two coaxial outlets too. I have one coaxial cable with my old nbn ntd box but it doesn’t fit to coaxial outlet. I have checked my address at www.nbnco.com.au and find this written …….(Technology used in your connection

nbn™ Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) has been used in your connection to the broadband access network.
david64
Level 15

@angel1234 . Did you bring this Arris box from your old address? if so, you should have left it there.

Regarding the grey box on the outside wall, what is on the inside of this wall? Is it the garage? Sometimes, the FTTP internal box is mounted in the garage?

Are there any ethernet outlets in the house? The house may already be wired for the FTTP connection. There may be a patch panel tucked away in a cupboard.

You might be able to ask your estate agent about this.

angel1234
Level 3
I will return old nbn ntd box to my old house. On the inside wall there is bedroom not a garage. I didn’t see any internal box mounted to any wall.. If you don’t understand the problem plz let me know so I will switch to another internet provider because I am fedup now.
david64
Level 15

@angel1234 . I'm a user, not part of TPG, so they have the final say.

Another provider won't have better knowledge of your situation.

Best bet is to ask your estate agent because they can ask the previous resident about the connection.

It's possible the previous resident didn't use NBN so the FTTP installation hasn't been completed. When you checked your address with nbnco, did you notice the Service Class of your address?

angel1234
Level 3
Thanks Now I found nbn ntd connection box installed inside the garage cabinet and my internet is working now. I apologise for my rude words.