TPG Community

Get online support

Recommended Modem Routers - FTTC

karachr
Level 2

Hi there,

I'm a bit of noob when it comes to routers, modems and compatibility. 

I have my NBN Modem and connect to it is the TP-Link Archer VR1600V Modem Router that I received whenever it was that I signed up.

I'm looking to upgrade the Modem Router and am wondering if any of these Modems on this list are 100% compatible with my existing set up. Or is just as easy as me doing some research, finding the best modem router for my needs, buying it and setting up - no fuss?

Thanks for your help in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @karachr,

Welcome to the community!

The modem/routers listed on the article is just a sample devices that is compatible to our network for NBN BYO plans. You can use it, but you still have the option to check on google and with the best review of the actual performance of the modem/router.

Regards,

Hi there,

I'm a bit of noob when it comes to routers, modems and compatibility. 

I have my NBN Modem and connect to it is the TP-Link Archer VR1600V Modem Router that I received whenever it was that I signed up.

I'm looking to upgrade the Modem Router and am wondering if any of these Modems on this list are 100% compatible with my existing set up. Or is just as easy as me doing some research, finding the best modem router for my needs, buying it and setting up - no fuss?

Thanks for your help in advance!

david64
Level 15

Hi @karachr . The routers in the link are for TPG's BYO Data Only plans. If you want to stay on standard FTTC plan (with VOIP phone service, even though you can't use it), the router has to support VLAN ID=2 setting. You would have to check that any router you choose can do that.

This iiNet article has a selection of routers for FTTC and how to set VLAN ID.

https://help.iinet.net.au/setting-common-non-iinet-supplied-modems-nbn-fttc