TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link Archer VR1600v Modem Router backup configuration

nguyenvq
Level 3

Hi TPG

I could not found the backup configuration for the TP-Link Archer VR1600v.

If not and why not?

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @nguyenvq ,

Welcome to the community!

TPG customised the firmware of the supplied TP-Link Archer VR1600v modem/router for security purposes this caused the modem's back up configuration no longer available.

You may visit this thread for additional reference: How to back up settings in the Archer VR1600v

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

nguyenvq
Level 3
Hi @Shane

I want to blow away the TPG customised and restore the original TP-Link Archer VR1600v firmware, can i do that if so tell me the detail.
can you explain backup and restore feature that cause any security issue? or you guy to lazy to help customer to configure their router?
Riezl

Hi @nguyenvq,

The TPG supplied modem, TP Link VR1600v does not support the backup and restore function.

If you want to restore the original firmware of the modem, you can check TP Link's website or contact TP Link directly for assistance.

zeusy
Level 2

TPG have you fixed the Backup function yet? This discussion has been ongoing for the last year? 

glenns1
Level 2

Yeah, great guys, modem without backup and restore ... maybe ok for people with only 1 device connected so you just do a reconfig when there is any problem. but I have quite a few devices and if i do a factory reset that makes it very difficult