TPG Community

Get online support

VR1600v firmware upgrade

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @Mah,

Thanks for sending me your details. I arranged one of our Technicians to call you after 6PM AEDST today. Make sure to keep your mobile available for the call and let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Mah,

Unfortunately, no avail. We have posted a note on your account in case you will have a free time you can call our Technical support 1300 997 271.

Cheers!

bluesbeatradio
Level 2

Hi I have a Archer VR1600v v1

0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n

Can you tell me if this is the latest firmware?

If not can you please upgrade it?

Riezl

Hi @bluesbeatradio,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Your modem has the latest firmware.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance. Thank you.

gmtoz
Level 3

Hi @Riezl

I have a new TPG NBN connection and I'm having problems with my VR1600v not allocating IP addresses by DHCP. Therefore my devices won't connect to the network (local or internet). The modem log shows constant error messages "No ip addresses to give, OFFER abandoned."

The firmware version is 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 171228 Rel.64067n which I gather is quite old (from other parts of this thread). I wonder if updating it my fix the problem.

I rang the TPG support line and they didn't really seem to understand the problem (didn't seem to have any technical knowledge) and said that you don't do firmware upgrades (which seems inconsistent with this thread).

Can I get my firmware upgraded please?

G_Valdez
Level 2

Hi

I have the same issue with dhcp for wired devices. Apparently the router is not assigning IP address to through the lan ports. Any hints?

Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n
Hardware Version: Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

G Valdez

Shane

Hi @gmtoz,

Welcome to the community!

What device(s) is having difficulty connecting to your local network?

I was able to locate your account using your community details and requested a firmware upgrade for your modem/router updates will be provided within the next 24hrs.

Regards,

gmtoz
Level 3
Thanks

A mixture...I’ve had issues with both Mac and Windows laptops, Ethernet connected desktop, phones.

Rebooting the modem fixes it for a while but eventually the modem fails to allocate IP addresses by DHCP (with log error mentioned). I do have a lot of devices but there is plenty of room in the table

Here’s hoping a firmware update fixes it
Shane

Hi @gmtoz,

I was wondering if you're also using a 3rd party Port switch/Router connected to the supplied TPG modem/router.

We'll keep an eye on this and provide you updates tomorrow.

Regards,

gmtoz
Level 3
Yes ...I have a number of AirPort Extreme and Expresses providing wifi...all in bridge mode.

But one of the failed Ethernet connections was straight into TP-Link (and the error logs are on TP-Link)