TPG Community

Get online support

VR1600v firmware upgrade

SOLVED Go to solution
slovatt
Level 2

Greetings.

Could you check the firmware on my modem please. Recently the modem frequently drops the link.

nic85
Level 3
can I also have the latest firmware?
I'll send a pm with my account number
gmtoz
Level 3
I’m sorry you are on the latest firmware and it won’t fix the issue. You need a better modem ..TPG will expect you to get your own DHCP server rather than fix the issue with these crappy modems
Ahra_G

Hi @slovatt

Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for reaching out. We'd love to check what's going on with your connection. 

I've managed to run remote test and have also detected the drop outs on the connection. It is best if we'll have this checked first so we can determine the underlying cause, before we proceed on upgrading the firmware if it isn't yet. 

Could you please provide us with best contact time & number via private message so I can arrange a call back to be made from our Technical Team. 

Thanks! 

nic85
Level 3
how could you check my modem firmware version? I'll attach the image
Ahra_G

Hi @nic85

Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for passing on the details. I'll have the info from the screenshot forwarded to our Technical Team. I'll update you the soonest we receive an update from them. 

Cheers! 

iceddonut
Level 3

I having the exact same problem. Can you check my firmware too please. It's really frustrating

BasilDV

Hi @iceddonut,

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the information about your current modem? Please look for:

Product type:
Device ID:
Hardware version:
Software version:

Are you experiencing the DHCP issue via Wired or WiFi connection?

Kind regards,

BasilDV

iceddonut
Level 3

Thanks for the quick reply! Here's a screenshot. Not sure where to find device ID. 

BasilDV

Thank you @iceddonut.

I can verify that the modem already has the latest firmware.

What exactly are you experiencing using the modem that we provided? We'd like to understand this further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV