TPG Community

Get online support

VR1600v firmware upgrade

SOLVED Go to solution
nic85
Level 3
at evening and night it's almost impossible to navigate the web.TPG FTTB advertised for 90mbps at typical evening speed, and I can't get even 1Mbps. totally unsatisfied.. how can A FTTB connection slow down to 0.5mbps??

I hope they can fix this otherwise I'll migrate to another operator.

BasilDV

Hi @nic85,

Thanks for raising this with us.

May we know what website did you used to test the speed? Also, have you tried to run the speed test on both Wired and WiFi connection for comparison?

We've run a remote test and able to confirm that the modem is getting a fantastic sync speed using the TPG FTTB network.

Please attach a screenshot of the speed test result on both Wired and WiFi connection for us to look into it.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

nic85
Level 3
the speed during the morning and afternoon is fine. around 50/80mb.

it slow down to almost 0 during evening and night.

I've used the most popular one, Ookla speedtest.

https://www.speedtest.net/

I've tried also different ones with same result.

haven't tried wired because it's working fine with Wi-Fi during morning at afternoon, so the issue is not the wifi but the line congestion, which shouldn't happen on a fttb connection.
BasilDV

Thank you, @nic85.

We still need to test the speed of a wired connection as WiFi signal is still prone to interference. This will help us eliminate the fact of getting Wireless signal interference at peak hours, which will help us understand the nature of the issue.

By the way, is the issue time specific? What time does it usually start and when will it return to normal speed?

Kind regards,

BasilDV

nic85
Level 3
I'll test that, does the cable come with the modem in the box? ... it slow down around 7/8pm till late night
nic85
Level 3
is the modem on the latest firmware available?

BasilDV

Your modem has the latest firmware available, @nic85.

We will wait for the result of the speed test via Wired and WiFi connection.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

nic85
Level 3
unfortunately any of our laptops has the ethernet port 😢
BasilDV

Hi @nic85,

Since doing a test via Wired connection is not possible, I'll arrange a call from our Tech team instead to look into it further.

Our Tech team will be in touch between 8PM - 9PM today on the mobile number that we have on file. If you recently updated the mobile number, please let me know via PM.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

nic85
Level 3
thank you!

at 8am today I've done few speedtest with results around 40/50mbps.

now it's 9.45 am and after few speedtest the speed is around 2/3mbps which is not even enough to whatch youtube..I hope a technician can fix this problem!