Get online support

VR1600v firmware upgrade

SOLVED Go to solution
Will

Glad to hear that, @bigman2000

alitosis
Level 2

Hi,

Could I please request that my modem be upgraded too? The current version is 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180306 Rel.63433n.

My account name can be taken from the email address I am using on this profile.

Thank you,

alejandro

jtrump09
Level 2

Can I please request a firmware upgrade to my xDSL model - Currently i'm on 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.35294n. TPG username xxxxxx.  Trying to resolve an issue where I use a second router to extend my range and getting unexpected issues on NAT (my setup was working previously on another NBN provider)

Shane

Hi @jtrump09 and @alitosis,

Welcome to the community!

We sent a firmware upgrade for both of your modem/routers, update will be provided tomorrow.

@jtrump09 - Let us know how the NAT issue will go after the firmware update is done.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

alitosis
Level 2

Thanks @Shane, upgraded and fixed the issue I was having with internal connectivity.

Cheers,

alejandro

Shane

Hi @alitosis,

We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved by the firmware upgrade. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @jtrump09

Good day! Please be advised that your modem/router's has the most recent Firmware. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

nanna123
Level 2

Can i have my firmware on my VR1600v updated? I've had horrible dropouts on/off even though uptime is saying 2 days, i lose connection every 10-15mins constantly.

Thanks!

Will

Hi @nanna123

Welcome to the Community!

I was able to pull up your account using your community details. Your modem is indeed showing that it has been connected for more than 2 days without any disruption to the server.

If your connection is mainly WIFI, the trouble that you're experiencing could be congestion on the WIFI frequency that your devices are communicating with. This link may help on how to improve your WIFI connectivity.

As for your request for a firmware upgrade, can you send me a PM providing the Serial Number and the MAC address of your modem. I'm not certain that the information we have on file matches the one on the actual modem.

Regards,

jtrump09
Level 2

Thanks. I was hoping there would be an update. I'm running another router in "bridge" mode to extend my WiFi connectivity and deliver some additonal ports in another part of the house.  This device is Cat6E connected to the TPLink TPG router.  On my previous NBN provider (optus) this setup worked flawlessly but now I'm getting dropouts, requiring clients connected to the bridge router to reconnect to get connecitvity, then after 5-15 mins they again drop out. I'm at a loss to track down the root cause.