TPG Community

Get online support

VR1600v firmware upgrade

SOLVED Go to solution
Will

Hi @jtrump09

Just to clarify, are the devices losing the WIFI connection from the bridged router or is the bridged router losing the connection from the TP-Link?

Regards,

jtrump09
Level 2

Only from the bridged router. The TPG supplied router is fine.

Will

Hi @jtrump09,

But is it just the WIFI connection coming from the bridged router going to your devices that's dropping or is the bridged router itself losing the connectivity from the TP-Link?

To determine which one it is, I suggest connecting a computer/laptop directly to the bridged router and see if you're losing the connection as well.

That will give you a better idea on how to address it.

Regards,

RBLRBL
Level 2

Hi,

I too am having troubles with my TPG VR1600v.  Frequently it drop the WiFi capability and one a week (or so) the DHCP no longer responds to requests.

Firmware Version: 0.01.0 0.9.1 v5005.0

Build 1800828

Rel 56416n

I have called tech support, however since it is maintaining the connection back to tpg, they say I don't have a problem. I am rebooting the modem every couple of days to resolve the internal connection issues.  

:

peterfoote
Level 2

Hi Admins,

I'm posting here just to check that my firmware version is the most up to date for my device.

I have the TP Link Archer VR1600v v1 00000000 with firmware version:-

0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n

Thankyou

BasilDV

Hi @RBLRBL,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Since you are using a WiFi connection, it is possible that the signal is being interfered which causes the issues within your home network.

You may refer to our community article for some easy ways to improve your home WiFi network. You may refer to this link.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @peterfoote,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I can confirm that your modem currently has the latest firmware.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

RBLRBL
Level 2

Thank you for your reply.

Can I reinforce, it is not a problem with the way I have implemented or using WiFi.  As I said, it is not only the WiFi that stops, it is also the DHCP service inside the Modem.  When this happened, I can even log into the modem from within the LAN.  The only way to fix it, is to reboot the modem.

Could you please confirm that my modem is on the latest firmware.  If it is, I will be requesting a replacement from TPG as I am sick off the drop-out caused by the modem.

Thank you for your help to resolve this issues.

orbistat
Level 8

Hi @RBLRBL There maybe a couple of typos in your firmware details, it sounds however that you're on the most current firmware.

Can you also have a close look at all your connected devices both wired and by Wi-Fi and double check that there is no device that has either internet connection sharing enabled or mobile or personal hotspot enabled.

This type of DHCP problem can often be caused by another device on the network acting as a server and distributing IP addresses.

BasilDV

Hi @RBLRBL,

@orbistat is right. Are you able to double check the details of your modem firmware? Based on the Build 1800828, you should have the updated one.

If you were able to confirm that the internet connection sharing is disabled with your devices, please shoot me a PM with your account details (TPG username or customer ID) and I'll check this further.

Kind regards,

BasilDv