TPG Community

Get online support

VR1600v firmware upgrade

SOLVED Go to solution
Will

Hi @darylorillaza

Welcome to the Community!

The firmware version you posted is already the latest one for the TP-Link vr1600v modem.

I pulled up your account using your community info to check further as to what could be causing the dropouts you're experiencing. From what I can tell, your modem has been connected to our server for more than 2 days. To help you in determining what could be causing the dropouts, can you provide us the following:

1. Has your connection drop the past 2 days?
  2. Are you simply using a WIFI connection or do you have a device connected hardwired to the modem?
  3. Are all WIFI devices having the same issue?
  4. Are devices connected hardwired also experiencing dropouts?

Regards,

darylorillaza
Level 2

Last 2 days has been pretty good, although the week prior to that seemed very tempremental. Downperiods were a mix of as little as minutes and sometimes hours, and at times resetting the modem (for example), wouldn't fix the issue.

At a glance, both hard-wired devices (TV, Playstation, Apple TV) and WIFI (Phones, Laptops) receive the problem (hence why I initially thought it might've been a Provider/External problem)... although I haven't thoroughly checked every time; it was seem maybe the WIFI devices were more susceptable. 

Bit hard to pint point, I know. Especially now that it's working.. currently. 

Will

Hi @darylorillaza

I suggest for you to monitor your connection in the meantime.

Should you experience the same problem, check if it's happening to all devices (Wired and WIFI). Also, please pay check the modem lights to see which ones have turned off or started flashing. If possible, take note of the time when the connection dropped and also if you performed a reboot of the modem so we can match it on our end.

Let us know if you still require our assistance.

Regards,

Will

Hi @Pinky300

Your modem's firmware has been updated to the latest version.

Cheers!

SimonD90
Level 2

Hi Will,

Might  i also please request a firmware upgrade?

1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.35294n

Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

Shane

Hi @SimonD90

Welcome to the community!

We are able to locate your account using your community details and requested a firmware upgrade for your modem/router.

Updates will be provided within 24-48hrs. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @SimonD90,

We have confirmed that your modem/router's firmware has the latest Firmware. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Hi Will,

Might  i also please request a firmware upgrade?

1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.35294n

Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

bigman2000
Level 2

hello

can you please udpate my Archer VR1600v (currently running 2017 firmware)

i've emailed the forum_admin tpg email with my details also.

many thanks in advance

Will

Hi @bigman2000

Welcome to the Community!

I have already requested to have your modem's firmware version be upgraded. We'll let you know once it's done. Please keep an eye on this thread.

Regards,

bigman2000
Level 2

thanks. all done.