TPG Community

Get online support

WPS button on Huawei HG659

Murray07
Level 2

Hi, 

how can I use the WPS button on the Huawei HG659?

I have checked the GUI settings, and WPs pbc has been enabled, security mode=WPA-PSK+WPA2-PSK, and encryption mode=TKIP+AES. The WLAN LED indicator on the gateway seems to be constantly flashing so when I push the WPS button the WLAN indicator just keeps flashing.

• Regards, Murray
10 REPLIES 10
Shane

Hi @Murray07,

Welcome to the community!

Since our supplied Huawei HG659 has been modified, we will need to confirm this first with our Technical Team if the WPS button (feature) should still work afterwards. 

Regards,

Murray07
Level 2
Thanks for your response Shane, I liok forward to your answer from the Techs.
Murray
Shane

You're welcome, @Murray07. We'll provide you an update on this thread.

Cheers!

CSaunders
Level 2

Hi, 

I have a similar issue. I'm not certain the WPS button is functioning and this is no way to tell from the indicators as they are continually flashing anyway. I'm trying to connect to me Solaredge inverter. The signal stength is ok but the other device just keeps sitting on a 'waiting to connect' status.

What was the outcome of this query?

Cliff

Angeli

Hi @CSaunders

What are the lights status of your modem? Are all devices not able to connect via WiFi? Can you also confirm your TPG account details privately

Regards, 

Angeli

CSaunders
Level 2
My modem is working fine. All other devices across the home are connecting normally. No issues. What I can't get to connect is my solar power inverter system. There are inverter instructions about using the WPS connection, but I'm not convinced the modem is trying to connect when I press the button (and tried holding it for various periods). The inverter system is holding on a 'searching for connection' screen. It used to connect to a previous modem before the NBN was installed and thus modem was replaced, but this was many years ago. I've checked signal strength to the modem in my inverter area and this is fine. So, as per a post I found from: Murray07  Level 2 ‎17-04-2019 07:29 PM he seemed to have the same issue. Because the modem lights are continually flashing anyway, I can't verify the WPS function is actually activating. The response to his post suggested there was something about the modem that was getting verified. So interested in that outcome, or just if you can help me in general!
CSaunders
Level 2

I tried to reply privately but I get an error message telling me I have too many private messages !!!!

BasilDV

Hi @CSaunders

Do you have any other device that can be connected via WPS? 

Have you tried to enable the WPS when you login to your modem interface?

BasilDV

CSaunders
Level 2

Yes, have logged into the modem and is in enabled mode. No, I don't have anything else to test it on. Good idea though, might so try and find something to borrow to try.