WiFi Extender

Gramville
Level 2
Hi Community, Can I use an old ADSL modem as a WiFi Extender on my AC2400 NBN Modem Router?
3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Gramville,

I'd like to clarify if your old adsl modem has a router/Wi-Fi feature if so, yes you can use it as a Wireless Extender you simply need to change the connection mode to "DHCP mode" and connect the old modem/router to one of the LAN port on our supllied modem/router.

For reference you may check this existing thread Are the Tpg routers DHCP compatible?

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Hi Community, Can I use an old ADSL modem as a WiFi Extender on my AC2400 NBN Modem Router?
Gramville
Level 2
Thanks for your time Shane, Yes the old ADSL Is a modem+Router with WiFi. The U Tube clips I used to try the setup all aligned and suggest I ensure the NBN Modem be selected to DHCP with an I.P Pool set 1 to 10, then turn DHCP Off on the slave ADSL unit and lock in an I.P just one decimal above the abn modem then connect lan to lan with cat5 cable. On power up the ADSL modem flagged up an alarm- No IPv4 configured. That's when I asked the community for help. Am I on the right track?
Shane

Hi @Gramville,

Yes. Just make sure the connection mode is on DHCP mode and its set to 'Automatically Obtain IP address'. You may also post the configuration of the 2nd modem/router on this thread.

Regards, 

Thanks for your time Shane, Yes the old ADSL Is a modem+Router with WiFi. The U Tube clips I used to try the setup all aligned and suggest I ensure the NBN Modem be selected to DHCP with an I.P Pool set 1 to 10, then turn DHCP Off on the slave ADSL unit and lock in an I.P just one decimal above the abn modem then connect lan to lan with cat5 cable. On power up the ADSL modem flagged up an alarm- No IPv4 configured. That's when I asked the community for help. Am I on the right track?