TPG Community

Get online support

Extremely Low Bandwith in area, And Extremely Slow Downloads and High Ping.

iHaveNBNandLag
Level 2

i made a post a while ago but i forgot about it and its outdated.

kms.PNG

these are the speeds im getting with NBN100, and FTTP, there is apparently nothing we can do, we've called multiple times, and TPG said they cant do anything about it. I get even worse speeds when im home alone, and nothing else is connected to the internet. on a extremely good day i can hit 1MB/s but thats 10x less than what we are paying for.

Would Love some help on this Horrific internet.

6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

Hi @iHaveNBNandLag, it's very strange that you are only getting this speed on NBN100 plan and we'd like to further check what can be done to improve this.

If you are connecting all your devices via Wi-Fi, these community articles can help you in improving the wireless connectivity performance.

Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...

Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it?

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Wireless-Channel-on-your-modem-what-is-it-and-why-...

Wi-Fi troubleshooting steps - No Internet/Connection

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Wi-Fi-troubleshooting-steps-No-Internet-Connection...

Otherwise, please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and address so we can pull up the account as we were unable to locate it using your community details.

iHaveNBNandLag
Level 2

Hi @Riezl, the easy steps to improve you wifi all dont matter since we have a wifi extender in the midde of the upstairs of our house with the main router at the front down stairs.

Wireless channel on my modem wont work at the moment since my wifi card doesnt support upto 5ghz connection, so i will have to wait to buy one in the up coming weeks too see if that will fix anything, otherwise buy a massive ethernet cable to run along the walls with some blue tac.

Riezl

Thanks for getting back to us, @iHaveNBNandLag.

Let us know if the wireless connection will improve using a new Wi-Fi card.

Should you need any assistance, feel free to PM us your TPG account details. Thank you.

iHaveNBNandLag
Level 2

Sorry for the late reply,
it seems that our internet has also started to limit it self, we are still currently paying for TPG's highest speeds of 100 down and 40 up or maybe higher, and our speeds seem to be locked at 20 if they even get close to reaching that, getting a new wifi card did nothing, speeds were the same if not worse, the internet is just getting slower and slower over time.

Will

Hi @iHaveNBNandLag

Your speed test result is not normal for the plan you are on.

I was hoping to run diagnostic tests to check what's affecting the speed of your connection, however, I can't seem to pull up your account using your community details. Would you be able to send me a PM providing your customer ID or username and the service address?

How to PM? Follow this link.

Regards,

iHaveNBNandLag
Level 2

Hi @Will ,

ill get on sending you the details asap.

Thanks.