TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NBN NCD WILL NOT CONNECT

SOLVED Go to solution
BasilDV

Hi @dshobbin

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the account.

The order for the NBN was made on the 24th of January and still in progress. The account is not yet active, which means that the billing cycle is on hold.

The usual installation time frame for the NBN service is within 2 to 30 working days and notification will be given once active.

You may track the installation of your service here.

If you need any assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

dshobbin
Level 3

So why send me sms to say to you are waiting for me to connect, and send the equipment if the service is not ready for up to 30 days!

So am I supposed to wait until I recieve a service is active notification before attempting to connect? Your process is broken and your messaging is confusing. If it's not ready, don't send equipment and sms messages and ask customers to connect.

Shane

Hi @dshobbin,

The 2 to 30 working days is the usual installation time frame for all NBN service. We've seen that your NBN installation is Service Class 33.

Service Class 33 - NBN FTTC is available, NCD installation required.

• TPG will send the NCD box together with the modem/router. The end user will connect these device inside the house. Service will be activated remotely.

• Technician maybe sent out to investigate if records show that NCD was previously installed in the house.

Since you're able to received the equipment, you connect it now. We did a guide that will help you on how to set it up. See link below.

NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

Note: Once it all setup it, the service should work if not let us know so we can raise this to our NBN Provisioning Team.

Regards,

dshobbin
Level 3
Thanks Shane. The equipment has arrived and it doesn’t connect. I did mention in my original post that the NCD lights continually flash blue. They do not connect.
Shane

Hi @dshobbin,

Thanks for the clarification. We'll raise this to our Provisioning Team and request for urgent feedback. Please PM me your best contact number and preferred time so can we advise them to contact you.

Regards,

liter0519
Level 2
Hi dshobbin,
my NBN working now. after several time though the phone, the TPG finally sent a NBN technical support. my problem is there are several phone socket in my house. one central line and 4 other lines to other rooms that’s why the connection light and NBN light keep flashing. the technical staff disconnect the other phone line only the central one left so now it works well.
dshobbin
Level 3
Thanks Shane. The team have already got onto it. That was Quick!!
Shane

Hi @dshobbin,

We're glad to know that you have been in contact with one of our Provisioning Case Manager, this has been raised to NBN Co and  they arranged a Technician appointment on Wednesday, 05 February 2020, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

dshobbin
Level 3

Hi Shane,

The NBN tech arrived today, confirmed I wasn't actually connected yet so the self install wouldn't have worked. He did his thing, and I am up and running now.  Appreciate the prompt service.

I have however done a line speed test (I signed up for the max speed - 100MB/S) and as at 11:35am I'm only maxing out at 59-60MB/S.  I understand line tests need to be done after connecting to confirm as per the contract, but so far looks well under 100 MB/S - Not lookng forward to what speed I can expect tonight during nightly peak. Wil lrun another test tonight around 7pm

Riezl

Thanks for getting back to us, @dshobbin. We are glad to know that the service is now up and running.

With regard to the speed, we'd recommend that you check it using only one device directly connected to the modem via ethernet cable and make sure that there are no programs running on the device background so we can get an accurate result.

If you are connecting all your devices via Wi-Fi, these community articles can help you in improving the wireless connectivity performance.

Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...

Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it?
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Wireless-Channel-on-your-modem-what-is-it-and-why-...

Wi-Fi troubleshooting steps - No Internet/Connection
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Wi-Fi-troubleshooting-steps-No-Internet-Connection...

Feel free to message us should you need further assistance. Thank you.