TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NBN NCD WILL NOT CONNECT

SOLVED Go to solution
Salina
Level 2
Hi all, I am an NBN preorder customer who joined in the second week of June.TPG sent me a text on July 3rd telling me that My NBN connection was ready to connect and I received My NBN connection device and Router/modem same day. on July 4th I connected everything as per instructions laid out in the instruction sheet BUT only the power light came solid blue, the Connection light was blinking blue and every few seconds will make a clicking sound and turn red for a second and then again starts blinking blue, the DSL light was also blinking. I waited about 30-40 minutes and then rang TPG on the number provided in SMS received, the case manager told me that I had to leave the NCD connected for 24hrs so that NBN could trace and activate my service.She also told me that the most common activation time slots are 4:00 am,10:00 am,4:00pm and 10:00pm.So being naive I waited till 4 pm connection slot and when nothing happened till 5 pm, I switched back to my ADSL connection to get some work done in the evening. While doing that around 6 pm I got a call from the case manager again wanting to confirm that my NBN box is still connected. So I explained my situation and was told that by 9 p.m I should connect everything back and wait for next 24 hours before contacting them again. So I did that yesterday 9 pm and today 9 p.m has marked the completion of the 24 hours standoff.And guess what! the NCD is still exactly the same as it was before, blinking and clicking away blue and red. Is there any way we can do it better.I thought NBN was supposed to make things better.By the way my connection is FTTC. Thanks Salina
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Salina
Level 2

Hi Shane and Stelios

An update, we had a visit from NBN technician today and it was up and running in 20 minutes. Thanks to you both for your help and support.

Thanks again

Salina

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Stelios
Level 2

Hi Salina,

I had excactly the same problem with you.(they booked a technician to come at my place)

They can't activate your connection remotly so they have to sned a technician at your place.

You have to get in contact with one of the case managers and tell them that you followed all the instractions, you left the nbn box 24hours on and they will arrange a technician.

Regards,

Stelios

Salina
Level 2
Thanks mate,i will do exactly that
Shane

Hi @Salina,

Welcome to the community!

I would love to help and see the status of your NBN service. I tried to use your community account details to pull up the account unfortunately no match.

Kindly PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or contact number associated with the account). I'll have this checked.

In case you need a reference on how to send a private message please click here.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @Salina,

Thanks for sending us your details. I will have this checked and get back to you as soon as I got an update.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @Salina,

I've seen that you have been in touch with one of our Provisioning Case Managers and provided updates about your NBN service installation. I will keep an eye on your service. Rest assured feedback will be provided where is possible.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Salina
Level 2
Hi Shane My case manager, Michelle just organized an NBN technician visit on 13th of July.SO hopefully things will work out on 13th.Thanks for all your help and i will keep you posted. Thanks Salina
Shane

Yeeeeey! We're glad to know that @Salina.

We're looking forward for the service to be installed as soon as possible.

Let us know how it will go.

Have a lovely night!

Salina
Level 2

Hi Shane and Stelios

An update, we had a visit from NBN technician today and it was up and running in 20 minutes. Thanks to you both for your help and support.

Thanks again

Salina

BasilDV

Sounds great!

Thank you for updating the community @Salina.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Cheers!